Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

No-Name

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Is there a way to just have a desktop icon with no text? I find it annoying sometimes... I know thats IE7 i dont need a label to tell me that.. etc.

Also anyone know where i can download Pro/DESKTOP - they've got it in my school (bit like blender or SketchUp) but its more useable and powerful (respectively). Googling Pro/DESKTOP just brings up loads of forums and PTC.net seem to have no references to it at all... and they created it. If i cant get it ill just ask my teacher Smiley

Erm there was something else but ill edit when i remember Tongue Out 

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Angus

To make a desktop icon have no text, simply do this:

1) Run "Character Map" (WinKey+R, then type "charmap", then press enter).

2) Type "206E" in the "Go to Unicode:" box.

3) Press "Select".

4) Press "Copy".

5) Right-click on the shortcut you want to have a blank name.

6) Press Ctrl+V.

I think this should do it.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Works great, wont work on multiple icons though. bummer -.-

PS: C9v4 we need these smileys!
    -.-
    <.<
    >.>

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    JonLumb

Hmm, all I end up with is a square as though it cannot process the symbol.

Any suggestions?

• User profile image
    JonLumb

Upon further experimentation, it seems that 206E takes you to a different symbol depending on the font selected.  Which font are you guys using?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Arial here

Also remembered the other thing>> is it possible to just capture the audio from an mp4 and turn into mp3? or any audio that i can then convert into mp3?

I just got this prog that lets you rip vids off youtube... music vids>put on handheld>listen on move Smiley

I can just turn video off in TCPMP but the file itself is still huge - 50meg on some of em Mad

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Angus

For the audio, I would use another "hack"-like approach.

I personally would plug the audio output into the microphone jack (using a wire with two 3.5mm male headphone jacks [one at either end]).

Then I would mute the microphone output (using Volume Control).

Load Audacity (with the LAME MP3 Encoder available), and begin recording.

I would then play the video, and wait.

After this one has a recording of the audio of the video, and through the use of Audacity and the LAME MP3 Encoder, one can get this into a nice, small MP3 file.

Tongue Out

It is rather crude, but it works.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Matthew van Eerde

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Works great, wont work on multiple icons though.

Could you use 206E twice for the second icon?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Angus wrote:
    For the audio, I would use another "hack"-like approach.

I personally would plug the audio output into the microphone jack (using a wire with two 3.5mm male headphone jacks [one at either end]).

Then I would mute the microphone output (using Volume Control).

Load Audacity (with the LAME MP3 Encoder available), and begin recording.

I would then play the video, and wait.

After this one has a recording of the audio of the video, and through the use of Audacity and the LAME MP3 Encoder, one can get this into a nice, small MP3 file.

It is rather crude, but it works.

Angus Higgins

Or just change the recording source to Stereo Mix...  no sense in messing with that hack if the computer can do it internally (which it can with every sound card I've ever owned).

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

like Angus' idea, but i have _loads_ of stuff to convert etc.

I dont mind converting mp4 > wma etc. then get rid of the video... etc.

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.