Coffeehouse Thread

36 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The feature C9 NEEDS - The troll killer

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Boomport

C9 needs a button to make trolls go away.  Just think of it.  Emet lets out another load of crap and you push the Bad Troll Button and now for me Emet never shows up in another forum.  If he posts on a topic, when I view the topic, his listings (and other trolls like k2tof12d) are shown as gray blank place holders.  I can view the blank post but only if I choose to by clicking a link on the blank place holder.

I personally have enjoyed the forums except a few who I don't want to listen to anymore.

Come ON JEFF give us the button.  Let us nuke these idiots out of our lives!  It would improve my 65% rating of C9 forums to 95%.

How many posts are disrupted by a few trolls. 

• User profile image
    PaoloM

*sigh*

Expressionless

• User profile image
    Boomport

Hmmm maybe used in conjunction with a rating system.  Every registered user can rate any other user to usefulness.  So Jamie and others that I like listening to I can rate at a 10 and useless ones like emet I can rate at a 1.  Everyone starts at a 5.  that way I can filter those that have a rating less than five from showing up in the forums that I read.

I don't normally read forums, a little busy here but I have spent some time on channel 9, but I am already getting tired of hearing from some.

Just an idea that would work for me.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Boomport wrote:
    Hmmm maybe used in conjunction with a rating system.  Every registered user can rate any other user to usefulness.  So Jamie and others that I like listening to I can rate at a 10 and useless ones like emet I can rate at a 1.  Everyone starts at a 5.  that way I can filter those that have a rating less than five from showing up in the forums that I read.

I don't normally read forums, a little busy here but I have spent some time on channel 9, but I am already getting tired of hearing from some.

Just an idea that would work for me.

I  find your ideas interesting and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

Boomport wrote:
    Emet lets out another load of crap and you push the Bad Troll Button and now for me Emet never shows up in another forum.  If he posts on a topic, when I view the topic, his listings (and other trolls like k2tof12d) are shown as gray blank place holders. 

Wait, wait, wait. Since when is k2to12d a troll? If he is then I must be much bigger troll than he is. I have k2to12d in memory as contributing and good member.

• User profile image
    cornelius

yep them trolls are getting quite annoying

makes me ashamed being part of an opensource community as well; since gobshites like Emet instead of helping the movement are doing more damage by portraying it in a bad light

to Emet and co

get a frigging life
    !

or go and play with your Ubuntu (lol double meaning)!

• User profile image
    Charles

littleguru wrote:
    Yet another threads on trolls on Channel 9...

Guys, C9 v4 is giving us all this stuff. Ignore button etc. This is going to come. Just give it another month (or so). For the time remaining, just ignore their posts by not answering and not opening - ok?

Well said, littleguru!
    C

• User profile image
    littleguru

Yet another thread on trolls on Channel 9...

Guys, C9 v4 is giving us all this stuff. Ignore button etc. This is going to come. Just give it another month (or so). For the time remaining, just ignore their posts by not answering and not opening - ok?

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d

RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    Wait, wait, wait. Since when is k2to12d a troll? If he is then I must be much bigger troll than he is. I have k2to12d in memory as contributing and good member.

Awh, aren'tcha kind.  Big Smile

Its perfectly clear that there is an effort to get the troll label to stick to me because of four or five Niners who absolutely cannot abide any conflicting point of view without giving off a sh1teating condescension.

• User profile image
    bart7simpso​n7

Hire Legolas. He already silenced the cave troll from the mines of Moria. Or some lvl 70 human paladin (I haven't played WoW so I have no clue what could be considered a troll killer there).

• User profile image
    Bas

bart7simpson7 wrote:
    Hire Legolas. He already silenced the cave troll from the mines of Moria. Or some lvl 70 human paladin (I haven't played WoW so I have no clue what could be considered a troll killer there).

Legolas' part in that affair is greatly exaggerated. What the board needs is a combination of Gimli and Legolas. I'm disregarding Frodo here, because frankly, nobody likes Hobbits.

• User profile image
    Massif

Come on what we REALLY need is a "slap the fool" button which can be used whenever someone's being foolish.

If enough people press the button Rory is dispatched with a copy of the post in question to hunt them down and give them a jolly good slap. Once they've been slapped blue tack the post to their forehead facing them so they can see why they've been slapped.

Come on Jeff! You've got the resources, right?

Other magic features I would like:

"Translate this garbage into english" button for those people who are incapable of writing a coherent sentence.

"Ignore this users opinions about Macs" (or Linux) button so interesting people can be selectively ignored if they're talking about Macs or Linux.

"Request an interview button" If someone posts something interesting, we get an automatic system to get an interview with them; you've got the resources to fly Charles, Rory or whoever around the world interviewing random people from the internet surely? (And plenty of free time on their schedules)

Slightly less magical features:

"Post your questions for MS Devs" give us heads up on what interviews are coming up, and let niners post in video questions for them.

(Hey, I actually like that last one. You could even do that using messenger with pre-approved questions... oh, that would be awesome.)

• User profile image
    Chadk

Or just hire me to babysit the forums Tongue Out

• User profile image
    eblonk

Bas wrote:
    because frankly, nobody likes Hobbits.

Hey now, donĀ“t go badmouthing the hobbits.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I like Hobbits. With ketchup.

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d
  • User profile image
    eblonk

TommyCarlier wrote:
    I like Hobbits. With ketchup.

Careful there, Gandalf might kick your behind.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.