Coffeehouse Thread

36 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The feature C9 NEEDS - The troll killer

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    k2t0f12d

    TommyCarlier wrote:
    YOU SHALL NOT PASS!


    But I studied extra hard for my Khazad-dum exam.  [C]

  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

    the perfect troll kill: a report button! Reported more than 5 times> 1 week mute. False reporting > 2 week ban (for bots etc.)

    And stop with the attacks! Emet might be a troll, but theres no need to openly trash him!

    Also - maybe we could have an online messanger? where we can all chat in real time etc.

    If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    eblonk

    Well, ok, the hobbits are just a bunch of silly twats with ugly hairy feet anyway. And it´s BBQ season. They love food, now they can be it.

  • User profile image
    Oguz

    Channel9 must have item.

    Killer
  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    Boomport wrote:
    C9 needs a button to make trolls go away.  Just think of it.  Emet lets out another load of crap and you push the Bad Troll Button and now for me Emet never shows up in another forum.  If he posts on a topic, when I view the topic, his listings (and other trolls like k2tof12d) are shown as gray blank place holders.  I can view the blank post but only if I choose to by clicking a link on the blank place holder.

    I personally have enjoyed the forums except a few who I don't want to listen to anymore.

    Come ON JEFF give us the button.  Let us nuke these idiots out of our lives!  It would improve my 65% rating of C9 forums to 95%.

    How many posts are disrupted by a few trolls. 


    Wouldn't it be possible to right a greasemonkey script to block out all post by certain users like that?

  • User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

    GoddersUK wrote:
    
    Boomport wrote:
    C9 needs a button to make trolls go away.  Just think of it.  Emet lets out another load of crap and you push the Bad Troll Button and now for me Emet never shows up in another forum.  If he posts on a topic, when I view the topic, his listings (and other trolls like k2tof12d) are shown as gray blank place holders.  I can view the blank post but only if I choose to by clicking a link on the blank place holder.

    I personally have enjoyed the forums except a few who I don't want to listen to anymore.

    Come ON JEFF give us the button.  Let us nuke these idiots out of our lives!  It would improve my 65% rating of C9 forums to 95%.

    How many posts are disrupted by a few trolls. 


    Wouldn't it be possible to right a greasemonkey script to block out all post by certain users like that?


    It's probably hard to do that because if person A who is not a troll makes topic and person B who is replys BS and then C, D, E make response to B you cannot know what C, D, E are talking about if you delete/hide post made by B.

  • User profile image
    corona_coder

    One troll was already banned for spamming a thread started by Emet, we havent seen Cybermagellan in a long time.  Jamie now uses Ubuntu.  The trolls are slowly leaving.  Keep spreading the good word on Linux.  When the Channel 9 videos play on Firefox in Linux you know the community has been a huge success.

  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    corona_coder wrote:
    One troll was already banned for spamming a thread started by Emet,

    Really? Who?
    corona_coder wrote:
    we havent seen Cybermagellan in a long time.

    So...?
    corona_coder wrote:
    Jamie now uses Ubuntu.

    I guess your Sarcasm Detector is malfunctioning today.
    corona_coder wrote:
    The trolls are slowly leaving. 

    Too slowly, unfortunately. You're still around...

  • User profile image
    anand.t

    corona_coder wrote:
    One troll was already banned for spamming a thread started by Emet, we havent seen Cybermagellan in a long time.  Jamie now uses Ubuntu.  The trolls are slowly leaving.  Keep spreading the good word on Linux.  When the Channel 9 videos play on Firefox in Linux you know the community has been a huge success.


    anyone know who this is ??

    http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=305157#305157 

    quote: "My job is done and I am now taking my leave of Channel 9 and marching towards the future"

    I guess mods should take a look and check if our accounts are safe

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    k2t0f12d wrote:
    
    RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    Wait, wait, wait. Since when is k2to12d a troll? If he is then I must be much bigger troll than he is. I have k2to12d in memory as contributing and good member.


    Awh, aren'tcha kind. 

    Its perfectly clear that there is an effort to get the troll label to stick to me because of four or five Niners who absolutely cannot abide any conflicting point of view without giving off a sh1teating condescension.

    No offense chief, but when you start spouting religious intolerance, well, I call that a troll.

  • User profile image
    k2t0f12d

    DoomBringer wrote:
    No offense chief, but when you start spouting religious intolerance, well, I call that a troll.


    Thanks.  I think you are wrong.  I never said anyone shouldn't practice a religion.

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    k2t0f12d wrote:
    
    DoomBringer wrote:
    No offense chief, but when you start spouting religious intolerance, well, I call that a troll.


    Thanks.  I think you are wrong.  I never said anyone shouldn't practice a religion.

    No, you said that the only religions that convert by the sword (killed those who refused to convert) was Islam and Atheism.  Not only is that wrong, it is flamebait.

    You know, that whole Spanish Inquisition thing.  Killing all those dirty "conversos."  Oh, and the Protestant/Catholic Schism.  That only spawned a century of conflict in Europe (oh, those crazy Europeans!).  Hitler used Jesus rhetoric, after all, but he doesn't count, and what, the church passively sitting back and almost, just almost, tacitly approving, well, that is nothing too.

    Pre-empting the Stalin remarks: Yes, he was an atheist.  He also was a paranoid psychotic totalitarian dictator.  Stalin didn't order mass killings because they weren't atheist, he killed them on the slightest suspicion of betrayal.

  • User profile image
    k2t0f12d

    DoomBringer wrote:
    No, you said that the only religions that convert by the sword (killed those who refused to convert) was Islam and Atheism.  Not only is that wrong, it is flamebait.


    I said the only religions I ever heard or read about that killed those that did not convert were atheism and Islam.  To clarify, neither the Spanish Inquisition nor the N@ziis were religious movements, they were political and anti-semitic.  Murder was excused by religion though there is no edict in the Bible that I have read that tells me its my duty to cut throats or rack people who do not convert.

    That being said, I disagree with you and think you are wrong but am not accusing you of being a troll or dragging out everything I think I can get over on you from past threads to start a fight.

  • User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

    Ok, three days ago I came accross this GREAT video on youtube by Khalid Yasin. I am not a muslim, futhermore I disagree with him on many points, but I agree completely with what he said in this video and I think it's valid for every religion.

    Anyway, do yourself a pleasure and watch it - the ending is especially strong Smiley

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WffQVfIN8Wc

  • User profile image
    DoomBringer

    k2t0f12d wrote:
    
    DoomBringer wrote:
    No, you said that the only religions that convert by the sword (killed those who refused to convert) was Islam and Atheism.  Not only is that wrong, it is flamebait.


    I said the only religions I ever heard or read about that killed those that did not convert were atheism and Islam.  To clarify, neither the Spanish Inquisition nor the N@ziis were religious movements, they were political and anti-semitic.  Murder was excused by religion though there is no edict in the Bible that I have read that tells me its my duty to cut throats or rack people who do not convert.

    That being said, I disagree with you and think you are wrong but am not accusing you of being a troll or dragging out everything I think I can get over on you from past threads to start a fight.

    Well, to think that the Inquisitions (all of them) were not religious is self delusional, but whatever keeps you happy skippy.  I'm going to start arbitrarily choosing facts so I never have to admit I'm wrong from now on as well.

  • User profile image
    k2t0f12d

    DoomBringer wrote:
    Well, to think that the Inquisitions (all of them) were not religious is self delusional, but whatever keeps you happy skippy.  I'm going to start arbitrarily choosing facts so I never have to admit I'm wrong from now on as well.


    No you don't.  You brought this up because your magic book says that my having an opinion that differs from yours makes me into a troll.  If you wanted to argue over what I said then was the time to do it not now.  I didn't reach back into Niner histories to pick a useless fight with you.  You are exactly the sort I was talking about that can't disagree with someone else without putting on a sh1teating condescension.

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    k2t0f12d wrote:
    
    DoomBringer wrote:
    Well, to think that the Inquisitions (all of them) were not religious is self delusional, but whatever keeps you happy skippy.  I'm going to start arbitrarily choosing facts so I never have to admit I'm wrong from now on as well.


    No you don't.  You brought this up because your magic book says that my having an opinion that differs from yours makes me into a troll.  If you wanted to argue over what I said then was the time to do it not now.  I didn't reach back into Niner histories to pick a useless fight with you.  You are exactly the sort I was talking about that can't disagree with someone else without putting on a sh1teating condescension.


    He has a magic book!?! Awesome, dude can I borrow it sometime?

  • User profile image
    k2t0f12d

    phreaks wrote:
    He has a magic book!?! Awesome, dude can I borrow it sometime?


    No I see whats going on here now.  The thread where this is coming from was locked before Doom could catch what I said and have a little condescending hissy he's giving me here.  Note how he has all his ducks are in a row, even mentioning Stalin, whom I never spoke one word about.  It galled him so badly that he absolutely had to use the accusation of trolling to troll me in this thread.

    Thats not only fscking pathetic, but the reason that thread was locked down in the first place.  Time for this one to get locked as well, because there is no way an argument about this topic between Doom and I isn't going to end with a lock.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.