Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Windows Is better than Ubuntu.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • k2t0f12d

SecretSoftware wrote:
    It just sucks and it is buggy.

odujosh wrote:
    They had what 20 years now. There is a reason they are losing. Linux is good for server and coding hobbyist. Not for consumer desktops.

ZippyV wrote:
    While I was upgrading my virtual pc Ubuntu to version 7 I read here that there was something wrong with mouse support. Did anyone had a solution for it?

DigitalDud wrote:
    I ran into this problem too, it started with a specific Linux kernel 2.6.19 or something.  I don't know if its been fixed yet or not.

Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    Thats what you get for trying a distros thats buggy and sucks. Ubuntu's packages come straight from Debian unstable and it shows.

Shining Arcanine wrote:
    The mouse, along with other features, does not work out of the box. Many Linux distributions are encountering the same problem with the mouse, apparently, because the kernal developers introduced a bug and released a new kernal without doing proper testing. Despite having many bugs, Microsoft would never release an OS with such a blatant bug (although the iTunes store bug that Vista caused comes close). It will take a while before Linux matches Windows XP

RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    Does not work for me.

LOL Works for me.

• Massif

Ahem!

qwert231 wrote:

Imports vs. American
    Chevy vs. Ford
    Linux vs. Windows

Those of us living outside of the US have different issues

American Imports vs. German vs. Japanese
    Man U. vs. Chelsea vs. Liverpool
    Hating on Yanks vs. Hating on the French

important stuff you know, don't be so US centric Tongue Out

• Bas

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

I can die a happier man. Smiley

• cornelius

your missing the point! you dont need mouse support when all you need is CLI and keyboard!

• Oguz

Oh dear, I'm hearing Emet typing.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.