Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

New T-SQL Editor for Orcas?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

Hi,
        Any one heared about the new T-SQL Editor for Orcas? Deeper SQL Server Integrations?

I have not seen it yet. Any one can shed light on this?

What is it supposed to bring to the IDE?

Thanks

PS: Is MS going to deprecate some stuff that exists in the Server Explorer and replace with new components?Expressionless

• User profile image
    raymond

SecretSoftware wrote:
    Hi,
        Any one heared about the new T-SQL Editor for Orcas? Deeper SQL Server Integrations?

Thanks

PS: Is MS going to deprecate some stuff that exists in the Server Explorer and replace with new components?

I am going to the Dallas SQL Server User Group meeting this evening and will ask around?

Great idea.

Cool

• User profile image
    ben2004uk

Is that a 'is there going to be...' or a 'what is new about...' question?  I haven't heard of a new T-SQL Editor for Orcas would more information on this would be great....

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

It was just a one of the many undelivered promises, as usually.

Intellisence for TSQL was sacrifice for the sake of of LINQ. Don't ask me how they are related to each other. There are several companies whos successfully  created code completion functionality for MS, but not MS. It's just TOO difficult for MS developers and they are so busy by... marketing... [6]

Perhaps we need new "trademark expresion". Some king of "Undelivered by Microsoft (u) YEAR" Cool

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    raymond

raymond wrote:

SecretSoftware wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks

PS: Is MS going to deprecate some stuff that exists in the Server Explorer and replace with new components?

I am going to the Dallas SQL Server User Group meeting this evening and will ask around?

Great idea.

Went to meeting.  No help, have not heard about this.

• User profile image
    raymond

raymond wrote:

SecretSoftware wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks

Great idea.

Went to meeting.  No help, have not heard about this.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

any new info?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.