Coffeehouse Thread

92 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Popfly

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

Popfly is the fun, easy way to build and share mashups, gadgets, Web pages, and applications. Popfly consists of two parts:

1 Popfly Creator is a set of online visual tools for building Web pages and mashups.

2 Popfly Space is an online community of creators where you can host, share, rate, comment and even remix creations from other Popfly users.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Did you butcher the message? Perplexed Seems C9 has been co_cking up a bit recently..

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    eagle

Yea, it looked fine in the editor, then I hit POST and &*$*#*%!!, maybe their testing a new feature for C9 V4

• User profile image
    jamie

i just got an invite to it
    any other 9ers get emailed?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

jamie wrote:
    i just got an invite to it
    any other 9ers get emailed?

Yeah me! Maybe if I b!tch about VS a bit more I can get into other beta's as well. [A]

• User profile image
    jamie

i emailed the live id - but still no 2nd email yet

• User profile image
    littleguru
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

omg

I had no idea we were doing this... the video shows how to create Twittervision by drag and drog blocks Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

anyone notice the domain name?

http://www.popfly.ms/

.ms?

now THAT is cool.

I wonder if there will be windows.ms   office.ms

channel9.ms

*im assuming its like radio stations did with .fm

edit:  http://www.iana.org/root-whois/ms.htm   = Montserrat

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Yeah, I think we just bought the country Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

Wink

• User profile image
    Chadk

No invite for me yet [C]

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

It's a small island of 10,000 with ~$40 million GDP.

You could probably purchase it from the Queen of England for half a billion...

That'd be one way to get around government heistation at using Microsoft products - there'd be at least one country using 100% Microsoft software Tongue Out

• User profile image
    phreaks

No invite here yet either... Sad

We have received your request for an invitation to Popfly. We will e-mail your invitation when we send out our next batch of invites. If you have any further questions about Popfly, you can reach the Popfly team at our Popfly User Feedback address: suf@microsoft.com

• User profile image
    littleguru

I got an invite -- yay!

Is this going to be moved in the direction to be the next - more powerful - myspace? Or has that never been the intention of it? Is this perhaps going to be the place where stuff for myspace/personal websites/blogs is created? Is this only for devs?

I'm still a little bit confused on how to see it! It doesn't look very much mainstream, because it needs coding or understanding how to connect stuff... or am I wrong?

• User profile image
    eagle

We're all just learning about it now....

• User profile image
    littleguru

eagle wrote:
    We're all just learning about it now....

Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=channel9&tld=ms

channel9.ms is registered.

Domain Name:               channel9.ms

Registrant, Technical Contact, Admin. Contact
      Jeff Sandquist

Resource Records (2):
                               ns      ns49.domaincontrol.com 
                               ns      ns50.domaincontrol.com 

haha  (lets hope it points to the coffhouse  (ormaybe grab coffeehouse.ms  Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.