Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

What's your favourite Xbox 360 game ?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

My wife bought me a nice present, my lovely (if not darn noisey Xbox 360), connected to my 1080i HDTV via the VGA cable and I have Hi Def gaming and it's a thing of beauty!

OK, so I'm still a PC gamer, but whilst I have an Xbox 360 and sometime to use it and why not ? (I was in a car smash up recently so I'm not working till I'm a bit better hence having the time)

So I've been playing Crackdown to death, the new content is very good!

What other cool 360 games out there would you recommend to a newbie, and why ?

Oh and by the way my Xbox Live name is '"Dr Sabot" so please feel free to drop me a message if you want.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Crackdown is sweet. I have forgotten to play it in the last few weeks. But it is definitively one of my favourite Xbox 360 games. The next GTA looks also promising and Viva pinata was (is) also great.

But the games I really like the most are Xbox Live Arcade games. Uno is fun, and Pinpall FX or Assault Heroes.

I have heard that they are going to release the old Prince of Persia (with better graphics) for XBox Live Arcade on 30th May! That's going to be one of my new favourites. I wonder why no classic jump'n'runs (like Mario or the old Sonic series) are released for the Xbox Live Arcade...

• User profile image
    andokai

Well aside from the obvious Gears of War, Guitar Hero 2 is great fun but more fun in a party than in isolation.

The next game I plan on buying is Command & Conquer 3 as I do get tired of all those first and third person shooters.

Without a doubt though the best Live Arcade game is Geometry Wars.

• User profile image
    swiatecki

In my eyes, Rainbow Six Vegas - is the best Big Smile

And the multiplayer-part is really sweet

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Can't wait for Assasin's Creed,..

Parcours + Murder == a good game,..

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

• User profile image
    Rich2k

Sabot wrote:

My wife bought me a nice present, my lovely (if not darn noisey Xbox 360), connected to my 1080i HDTV via the VGA cable and I have Hi Def gaming and it's a thing of beauty!

OK, so I'm still a PC gamer, but whilst I have an Xbox 360 and sometime to use it and why not ? (I was in a car smash up recently so I'm not working till I'm a bit better hence having the time)

So I've been playing Crackdown to death, the new content is very good!

What other cool 360 games out there would you recommend to a newbie, and why ?

Oh and by the way my Xbox Live name is '"Dr Sabot" so please feel free to drop me a message if you want.

Personally I'm loving WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 at the moment, just got really into it, also I was liking Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth II but I've got stuck recently and when that happens I soon get bored of a game.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Crackdown!

Keys to the city +
    Super agility +
    Shai Gen tower =
    Slam in to vehicles at terminal velocity making them instantly explode.

• User profile image
    tewissler

Shooter fan?  Gears of War - This is a great game, the images can just be amazing at times!

Horror/Zombie fan? - In my opinion Dead Rising is probably one of the better games (until they bring resident evil 4 to the 360 - wishful thinking) I ever played in the genre. 

I also have to agree about the Live Arcade - some of those games can get addicting and some of those games are REALLY original like cloning clyde and others.  And nothing beats worms blowing each other up!

Tony

• User profile image
    Bas

I'm actually thinking of getting a 360 solely for Live Arcade games. I'm just wondering if the 20GB drive is going to cut it if I'm solely going for Live Arcade/Marketplace games, and doing some XNA development on it.

• User profile image
    tewissler

Bas-

I would look at the either the elite or buying the bigger hard disk.

I bought my xbox with the hard disk a while back and I am always down to under 2 or 3 gigs of hard disk space and that is with only a few demos and south park episodes downloaded.
    Well that and my 30+ live arcade games.

*Some of the demos can be over a gig (such as the demo for Crackdown).

I am cutting it so close, I will probably have to look at buying the larger hard disk soon.
    *I have read some reviews and write ups and it looks like if you have the 20gb hard disk and you make the move to the bigger hard disk the data transfer process is / can be a project in of itself.

But as you have stated, so far I know 2 other people whom purchased the xbox 360 and have yet to buy a retail boxed game.  They just stick with all the downloadable content and games.

-sigh

• User profile image
    Ian

Worth the price of admission just for PGR3 alone.

Can't wait for PGR4.

• User profile image
    Bas

tewissler wrote:
    Bas-

I would look at the either the elite or buying the bigger hard disk.

I bought my xbox with the hard disk a while back and I am always down to under 2 or 3 gigs of hard disk space and that is with only a few demos and south park episodes downloaded.
    Well that and my 30+ live arcade games.

*Some of the demos can be over a gig (such as the demo for Crackdown).

I am cutting it so close, I will probably have to look at buying the larger hard disk soon.

Using 2 or 3 gigs of space on a 20GB hard disk is 'cutting it close'?

Edit: I guess I misunderstood. You mean 2 or 3 gigs of free space left, right?

I'm actually doubting wether or not I should wait for the Elite or go with a Premium set right now. From what I hear, that HDMI cable is providing some pretty good 1080p images compared to the component/VGA cable. Also, paying for a 20GB harddisk now and possibly getting a separate larger disk for $200 more doesn't sound very appealing.

Then again, there's still no word on when it's coming out in Europe. I mean, I'm okay with the fact that it takes a few more months before a product comes to Europe, but at least provide an estimated release date already, people.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I'm hoping to either get Xbox 360 Elite and then use Media Center Extender on my pc and then do away with everything > just have PC, Xbox and TV - meaning everything is much easier. From what I understand, I can stream TV from my pc onto my Xbox 360, right? Either get TV tuner in PC or see if i can get one for Xbox Smiley

120 gig HDD sounds cool Smiley though I'll probably need a bit more with the amount of stuff I download etc.

Or I'll just get another pc and hook it up to my TV through a converter thingy-bob. Xbox is more likely, though.

Fav. Game: Gears Of War (and even though I've never played it - Halo 3 is definately going to be a treat).

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

I was planning to use the 360 as a media center extender too, but it can't stream DVD's natively. I ripped all my DVD's to Windows Home Server, and if I want to play it I'd need to install MyMovies (a pluging for movie libraries in Media Center) and Transcode360, which would transcode the ripped DVD's on the fly to something the Media Center Extender can play. I've tried mymovies, and found it very cumbersome, and Transcode360 apparently isn't too stable.

Eventually, I just gave up and hooked the media center pc right up to my TV. Vista's Media Center has a nice DVD Library feature, if you tweak a registry setting, and that does everything I want. And I can still stream my DVD's from WHS.

Also, a separate media center pc took some of the load off of my main pc. It's more expensive though. If the 360 was able to stream DVD's natively, it would've been great, but now it's just too much of a hassle.

• User profile image
    dahat

swiatecki wrote:
    In my eyes, Rainbow Six Vegas - is the best

And the multiplayer-part is really sweet

I second that. All I play these days is R6 online.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Gears of War

Call of Duty 2 & 3

Ready for Halo 3 -- looks a lot like my fav pc game, Tribes.

Guitar Hero; reminds me of Karaoke, not my bag.   [6]
    Dance, Dance, Revolution, anyone?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Oh John, whats the news with my C9 Guy? I want to get some "C9 Guy Around The World" pics Smiley

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Oh John, whats the news with my C9 Guy? I want to get some "C9 Guy Around The World" pics

Tomorrow is my shooting with my nine guy Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.