Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The End of Rolodexes!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    DarthVista

Flitterbook

KarstenJ wrote:
    Lots of good stuff announced as far as Facebook/Microsoft partnership: Microsoft just released a great wrapper to the Facebook API written by the guys at Clarity Consulting.  They've got some nice sample applications, including a cool WPF app that is a rolodex of your Facebook contacts.

Wow! How long before this WPF rolodex replaces the real thing? Will Rolodex be put out of business?

:O

• User profile image
    Rob Relyea

Great to see!

Couple of issues I see:
    1) why didn't we (Microsoft) just publish the Facebook app as a clickonce application, instead of embedding it in the sdk.

2) my rolodex window won't resize...anybody else seeing this?

3) if #2 is a bug in the app, #1 would make it easy to fix for everybody...

Thanks,
    Rob

Rob Relyea | Program Manager, WPF & Xaml Language Team
    robrelyea.com | /blog | /wpf | /xaml

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Rob Relyea wrote:

Great to see!

Couple of issues I see:
    1) why didn't we (Microsoft) just publish the Facebook app as a clickonce application, instead of embedding it in the sdk.

2) my rolodex window won't resize...anybody else seeing this?

3) if #2 is a bug in the app, #1 would make it easy to fix for everybody...

Thanks,
    Rob

Rob Relyea | Program Manager, WPF & Xaml Language Team
    robrelyea.com | /blog | /wpf | /xaml

Depends....(Note: I haven't touched Facebook or the SDK but I'm assuming it's an execuable or a zip).

1. People freak out about installers - We HIGHLY debated on making our UIToolkit an installer and had multiple debates about it.

2. If it's source is there in the SDK (I would imagine so), then why have it installed? It's purpose probably isn't to perform the job 100% but give an idea.

3. If your #2 is a bug and my #2 is true....where is the problem?

Please keep posting here though Rob.

• User profile image
    C0dez2ski

Is this not included in the toolkit anymore? I can't find it.

Thanks.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.