Lots of good stuff announced as far as Facebook/Microsoft partnership: Microsoft just released a great wrapper to the Facebook API written by the guys at Clarity Consulting. They've got some nice sample applications, including a cool
WPF app that is a rolodex of your Facebook contacts.
Wow! How long before this WPF rolodex replaces the real thing? Will Rolodex be put out of business?
Great to see!
Couple of issues I see:
1) why didn't we (Microsoft) just publish the Facebook app as a clickonce application, instead of embedding it in the sdk.
2) my rolodex window won't resize...anybody else seeing this?
3) if #2 is a bug in the app, #1 would make it easy to fix for everybody...
Depends....(Note: I haven't touched Facebook or the SDK but I'm assuming it's an execuable or a zip).
1. People freak out about installers - We HIGHLY debated on making our UIToolkit an installer and had multiple debates about it.
2. If it's source is there in the SDK (I would imagine so), then why have it installed? It's purpose probably isn't to perform the job 100% but give an idea.
3. If your #2 is a bug and my #2 is true....where is the problem?
Please keep posting here though Rob.
Is this not included in the toolkit anymore? I can't find it.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.