Coffeehouse Thread

111 posts

Xandros falls victim

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    corona_coder

To Microsofts baseless legal threats and extortion.  They have signed an agreement similar to the one that was signed with Novell.  Goodbye Xandros.  when the GPL 3 is released you are dead in the water.  When GPL 3 is released and Microsofts patents are unenforcable we will see how happy Xandros is then.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Hope when someone from C9 wakes up and comes to work the ban hammer will come crashing down on this idiot.

Contribute, or leave.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Maybe they're all dead. When was the last time one of them banned someone? Don't think I was here then.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    anand.t

Dont worry we will finish you before GPLv3 comes out [C]

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

News.com wrote:
    Xandros is a Debian-based Linux distribution for desktops and business servers
    This makes me wonder something. Since this is a Debian based distro, which is the underpinning of Linspire, Knoppix, and Ubuntu, is this a precursor to something else?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Why banning hm? How would we be kept informed of the constant decline of Linux distros and products (OpenSuse, Xandros, TiVo, etc etc), due to the impending galactic coming of the GPLv3?

I say, keep them coming!

• User profile image
    Harlequin

The lack of moderation is killing this whole forum. It's the quality videos keeping this place alive. If it wasn't for the videos, the unmanaged Beers and SirHomers would trash this place to it's death.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

PaoloM wrote:
    Why banning hm? How would we be kept informed of the constant decline of Linux distros and products (OpenSuse, Xandros, TiVo, etc etc), due to the impending galactic coming of the GPLv3?

I say, keep them coming!

Nothing like an incompetent enemy.

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

DoomBringer wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

I say, keep them coming!

I'm curious. What would define as "competent" and how would you define "enemy"? Are you saying that anybody that uses Linux for anything meaningful is an enemy? I don't get it. Please elaborate.

• User profile image
    Dharma Punk

Meh, it's Xandros. Hence the lack of earth-shaking.

• User profile image
    julianbenja​min

corona_coder wrote:
    To Microsofts baseless legal threats and extortion.  They have signed an agreement similar to the one that was signed with Novell.  Goodbye Xandros.  when the GPL 3 is released you are dead in the water.  When GPL 3 is released and Microsofts patents are unenforcable we will see how happy Xandros is then.

Dumb-a$$.  (notice the clever use of dollar-signs instead of 'S'es that the linux boys routinely use when mentioning Microsoft).

Besides, as mentioned earlier, Microsoft patents are enforcable on GPL2 licensed software, which is everything now.  Why don't you take your head out of Stallman's posterior, stop repeating this drivel, and actually do some research of your own to see if your baseless claims are true.  You'd look a little less like a fool then.

• User profile image
    julianbenja​min

thumbtacks2 wrote:

DoomBringer wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

I say, keep them coming!

I'm curious. What would define as "competent" and how would you define "enemy"? Are you saying that anybody that uses Linux for anything meaningful is an enemy? I don't get it. Please elaborate.

As we've already established, a lot of people on this board use linux.  So no, not anyone who uses it is the enemy.

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

julianbenjamin wrote:

thumbtacks2 wrote:

DoomBringer wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

I say, keep them coming!

As we've already established, a lot of people on this board use linux.  So no, not anyone who uses it is the enemy.
    That's what I always thought, but the comment threw me for a loop. I don't know what part of the "market" Xandros owns, but I think the whole Linux desktop environment is overdue for some new apps that would differentiate it from Windows.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

thumbtacks2 wrote:

DoomBringer wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

I say, keep them coming!

No, Linux is not the enemy.  It is just that the zealots want so desperately to be the enemy.  Martyr complex and all.

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d

corona_coder wrote:

fsf.org wrote:

As mentioned by Eben Moglen, except for discriminatory patent protection, the Microsoft deal with Novell is totally unexceptionable to the FSF and its constituents.  The patent system is a double-edged sword, the business equivalent of a doomsday weapon if you will, that you rarely can employ and destroy your foe without doing harm to yourself in the process.

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

DoomBringer wrote:

thumbtacks2 wrote:

DoomBringer wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

I say, keep them coming!

No, Linux is not the enemy.  It is just that the zealots want so desperately to be the enemy.  Martyr complex and all.
    Which brings up another point...what exactly are you expecting from people who use Linux on a regular basis? Are you saying there are too many zealot-like discussions instead of rational ones?

• User profile image
    Soviut

Ironic that corona_coder's sig is "Have a cold one and relax", this guy sounds like he's preparing for a holy war.

• User profile image
    stun

Soviut wrote:
    Ironic that corona_coder's sig is "Have a cold one and relax", this guy sounds like he's preparing for a holy war.

More like a Jihad than a Holy war!
    Death to the Microsoft-idels (infidels) LOL.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.