Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is this worst logo of all time? London 2012

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

It would be a waste of time putting this on a poll. All I heard all afternoon is how bad it is!

http://www.london2012.com/

... to judge for yourself.

Microsoft can you lend the 2012 team some of your marketing bods please!

• User profile image
    Chadk

What kind of funny things did these people smoke? Not only is the color terrible. But the logo isnt much better.

• User profile image
    Bas

Dear... God. That's.. that's incredible.

It's like one of those optical illusions that appear to be moving. Designed in the eighties. By a blind painter. A blind elephant painter.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Reminds me of the old Saved By The Bell intro Smiley

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    BryanF
  • User profile image
    Dharma Punk

*blinks frantically*

• User profile image
    Doctor

Ouch!  I think my retinas just detached for a moment. Cool

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

There is a quote on the BBC site:

"The jagged emblem, based on the date 2012, comes in a series of shades of pink, blue, green and orange and will evolve in the run-up to the Games."

We can but hope Smiley

• User profile image
    Johnny​Awesome

It took me a while to see who did this logo, but I guess its some company called Wolff Olins.

Hope they did that work pro-bono.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Is it the final logo? We had a plain one for Vancouver, but then a nicer one came out.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/">http://www.vancouver2010.com

• User profile image
    BitFlipper

You have not experienced the best of the interwebs until you have experienced this! Perplexed

Makes the London 2012 logo look slick!

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

A collegue of mine hit the nail on the head when he said "It's the opening titles of Going Live" (children's saturday morning show from the 1980s).

It's ridiculous: I've yet to meet anyone who thinks it's any good.  Looks like the London Olympic squad it out of touch.

Herbie

• User profile image
    Bas

PerfectPhase wrote:
    There is a quote on the BBC site:

"The jagged emblem, based on the date 2012, comes in a series of shades of pink, blue, green and orange and will evolve in the run-up to the Games."

We can but hope

Alright, I have to admit: while the logo as it is now is still horribly awful, the idea of a logo that evolves up to the actual event is pretty cool.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Eh.... Is that a new logo, I thought this was the logo:

That new logo is just so horrible...

• User profile image
    Sabot

GoddersUK wrote:
    Eh.... Is that a new logo, I thought this was the logo:

That new logo is just so horrible...

This was the logo for the bid. Why on earth would you want to change it. It's simple, relevant and actually pretty clever ... oh and we all liked it!

(Oh for out international friends the coloured sash looping through the text is actually (as many Londoners will know) is the shape of the path of the Thames through the capital)

• User profile image
    Angus

I really dislike the London 2012 logo. It looks like a poor attempt at graffiti. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    otech

shesh.. that logo 2012 logo took me all the way back to 1987!

Now thats a trip I dont enjoy..

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.