Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

So, we're having a baby

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    phreaks

It's official, we are pregnant!

Only took 8 years, but better late than never!  Smiley

The misses had her ultrasound and blood-work today, according to the tests, we are 5 weeks and 1 day into it.

I feel good, I think this is the right time. It feels right certainly.
    We've both had time to mature and adjust to life and I think we will be better parents than we would have been had it happened sooner.

Most of our family and friends our ages have children that are 7 to 11 years old.  They all had kids right off after getting married.

So now we are trying to figure out names. We are hoping for twins and in the unlikely event that we are obliged with a boy and girl set of twins we are liking the names Olive and Oliver.

But otherwise, we don't have any good ideas on names.

Suggestions for names are certainly welcome.

Cool

//5 weeks down, 35 to go.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Grats Smiley

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Rossj

phreaks wrote:

Only took 8 years, but better late than never! 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

phreaks wrote:

I don't have any suggestions, but I'd love to see a family break the mould and go with a normal name. Too many children, I've noticed, are named after celebrities or even wines.

phreaks wrote:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Your life will never be the same again.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Lea, Alexandra for a girl and maybe Alex or Christian (haha I like my name) for a boy. OK, that's just 1 minute of thinking about it... I have still some years.

• User profile image
    Minh

Congrats!

Feel free to use "Minh" Smiley It's gender-neutral, and it means "bright"

• User profile image
    phreaks

littleguru wrote:
    Lea, Alexandra for a girl and maybe Alex or Christian (haha I like my name) for a boy. OK, that's just 1 minute of thinking about it... I have still some years.

Thanks! My wife has already mentioned Christian as a potential candidate, and we already have an Alexendra and an Alex in the immediate family (niece and nephew).

W3bbo wrote:
    I don't have any suggestions, but I'd love to see a family break the mould and go with a normal name. Too many children, I've noticed, are named after celebrities or even wines.

I think we will probably agree to what would be considered a 'normal' name.

Although, we were goofing around on some baby name website last evening and we came across the name Frig .

I suggested Frig Nathaniel as a name and we both laughed for about 5 minutes.  Here comes Frig N. Withrow, lol.

But seriously, that would probably be cruel.

W3bbo wrote:

phreaks wrote:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Your life will never be the same again

Thanks, I will, but I'm getting old (32) and am ready for it. I know it will be some work, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun!

I've had my glory days and am really ready to for it all (I think!).

Maybe I should ask Charles to change my name to Mister Faded Glory to properly reflect upon my newly found sense of maturity and responsibility.

• User profile image
    mstefan

My only naming advice would be to avoid nouns. No "Sunflower", etc. Basically, when you think of a name, then ponder if was your name, and you were 10 years old back in public school. What would your life be like? As an example, if your lastname was Headly, Richard would be an extremely poor choice of a name.

Of course, if your last name is something like Tumwhipple, there's no hope anyway. Just plan on buying your kid a helmet, some padded football gear and pray they survive until age 18.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Congratulations.

• User profile image
    anand.t

Congrats !!

phreaks wrote:

I cant understand how both of you can be pregnant though Tongue Out

• User profile image
    phreaks

anand.t wrote:

Congrats !!

phreaks wrote:

I cant understand how both of you can be pregnant though

Hahaa, good point. I was thinking it more of a state of mind, but it's really a state of being, one which I can never (thank heavens) truely experience.

Thanks!

• User profile image
    phreaks

Minh wrote:
    Congrats!

Feel free to use "Minh" It's gender-neutral, and it means "bright"

Great thanks for the tip, I'll forward that on to the misses.

//As long as gigantic, smelly, green house gas causing turds aren't a charcteristic of the name Tongue Out

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Flynn Taggart

(obscure Doom reference FTW)

• User profile image
    AndyC

Huzzah! Congratulations and all that. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

A heartly wishes!!!, congrats fella! Smiley Big Smile

"Olive" and  "Oliver", i liked the names... nice pick. Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Congrats man!

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Sven Groot wrote:

Just installed it. Three points:

1. It looks like an OSX app. Is it really so hard to use standard window borders? (yes, MS is guilty of this too *cough*Live Messenger*cough*)
    2. Font rendering is terrible. Is this what fonts look like on a Mac? How do you put up with that?
    3. My site doesn't work properly! Lots of text is invisible! Given that the site validates, and renders properly in IE, Firefox and Opera, I'm inclined to blaim Safari for this. It seems almost all (but not quite all) text that has some kind of formatting (bold, italic, underlined) is affected. Even the Google Ads don't render right (and that's a script-inserted iframe, it shouldn't be affected by my CSS at all).

Sven;

I am bit confused... how your post is related to phreak's thread...? Smiley
    (am I missing something?)

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

You could name your baby Vista Avalon!!! Oh, wait... No, that's already taken.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.