Coffeehouse Thread

36 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Here we go again.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

I was browsing YouTube. Came across this Video, that talks about a possible July 2007 war In the middle east.

Israel And US Air Forces are training in a major war scenarios , and the Israeli IDF was practicing on Syrian Villages models.

Then I cam across this video and in it the crazy old man is at it again. I only get concerned because this guy has inside information from the Bush clan, and he present it as if it was information from his God.

Now Iran issued threats that it will target Arab states that give military bases to US if US decides to strike Iran. The Plan is for Israel To take care of Syria, and US will keep Iran occupied. The Top General of Iranian forces issued threats and said that all the oil fields in the Gulf will burn.

I hope no nukes fly off. These crazy people are nuts. My fear is that they will do something bad to US. To justify invasions and suspension of the US constitution.

General Franks, the former Commander of CENTCOM, in a late-2003 interview said that he believed that another crisis for the United States could in effect result in the suspension of the American Constitution and the establishment in the U.S. of a military form of government:

"...the free world, loses what it cherishes most, and that is freedom and liberty we've seen for a couple of hundred years in this grand experiment that we call democracy. Now, in a practical sense, what does that mean? It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive casualty-producing event somewhere in the western world— it may be in the United States of America — that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass-casualty-producing event [such as 9/11 or even a global crisis]. Which, in fact, then begins to potentially unravel the fabric of our Constitution."

This is from a man who swore to server and protect the constitution.

This stage and this talk resemble time before July 2006 war. Only this time these guys are more confident.

So Am I reading too much into it or do you guys agree with me?

You can read more in this article "More Smoke on the Horizon in the Middle East War Theater"

• User profile image
    troposphere

1.  You're getting all worked up because of a YouTube video?

2.  You have misinterpreted the quote from the General.  When he said "militarize the country," he meant to make the country very aggressive militarily, not begin a military dictatorship.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

troposphere wrote:
    1.  You're getting all worked up because of a YouTube video?

2.  You have misinterpreted the quote from the General.  When he said "militarize the country," he meant to make the country very aggressive militarily, not begin a military dictatorship.

1) No I am getting all worked up because of a Fox News Clip, and a crazy old man who has inside info into Bush's plans.

2) No, He said to suspend the constitution , and militarize the country. Loss of freedom is dictatorships. He is saying there will be a military leadership in USA. So they get to rape what ever is left of your rights under the constitution.

When a guy like Pat Robertson, starts using dates and numbers, I get nervous. Not because of his God talk, but because he is in the "clan" that makes decisions for the country.

• User profile image
    troposphere

Where did he say "suspend the constitution?"

He said "people will question the constitution."  He used the word "people" not gov't.

You asked if you are reading too much into it.  The answer? YES.

• User profile image
    Bas

I get nervous when religious extremists make it their stated goal to destroy a nation.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

troposphere wrote:
    Where did he say "suspend the constitution?"

He said "people will question the constitution."  He used the word "people" not gov't.

You asked if you are reading too much into it.  The answer? YES.

Read the whole interview.

I hope I am reading too much into it. I really Do.

• User profile image
    troposphere

Bas wrote:
    I get upset when religious extremists make it their stated goal to destroy a nation.

Pat Robertson has no power.

You should be more afraid of the religious extremists in Iran who have stated their intentions to destroy Israel.

Unless that's what you meant in the first place.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Bas wrote:
    I get upset when religious extremists make it their stated goal to destroy a nation.

Yes. Me too. I get upset. They caused the destruction of the nation of Iraq, and they are preparing for Syria and who know who next.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

troposphere wrote:

Bas wrote:

You should be more afraid of the religious extremists in Iran who have stated their intentions to destroy Israel.

He has no power but he has inside information, because he is part of the Bush Think-Tank.

As for Iran, Iran is crazy, and so is Israel. The Middle East should be free from Nukes.

• User profile image
    troposphere

SecretSoftware wrote:

troposphere wrote:

Bas wrote:

He has no power but he has inside information, because he is part of the Bush Think-Tank.

As for Iran, Iran is crazy, and so is Israel. The Middle East should be free from Nukes.

This diabolical connection between Pat Robertson and the Bush administration exists only in paranoid conspiracy theories.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

troposphere wrote:

Bas wrote:

Pat has super powers!

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060529/060529_robertson_lift_hmed_7a.hmedium.jpg

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Any ways I hope I am just being paranoid and reading too much into this. Time will tell if a July war erupts.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

What about the 20,000 murders a year, and the gang warfare that happens in the states every year. Does that constitute a military government?

• User profile image
    troposphere

Harlequin wrote:
    What about the 20,000 murders a year, and the gang warfare that happens in the states every year. Does that constitute a military government?

You're asking if crime constitutes a military gov't?

Would you care to rephrase that into a question that makes even a small amount of sense?

• User profile image
    Bas

troposphere wrote:

Bas wrote:

Thanks for demonstrating the ambiguity, because that was exactly what I intended.

Lots of black and white here, lately.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Harlequin wrote:

These are abnormal things. Not legislated by law. When you have a High Ranking US Military Commander who swore to uphold and defend the constitution of the USA, saying that we can abolish our legal system and value system for a military dictatorship, then you begin to question if they will carry something out to achieve that goal.

They have the legal backing in law. HomeLand Security Presidential Directive 20, and National Security Council Presidential Directive 51, gives the president dictatorial powers.

See here : New presidential directive gives Bush dictatorial power

So this is law. Now they wait for Pat Robertson's predictions to effect this in people's face.

Bill Clinton might be the last democratically elected president.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Bas wrote:

troposphere wrote:

Bas wrote:

Thanks for demonstrating the ambiguity, because that was exactly what I intended.

Lots of black and white here, lately.

then I suggest you wear more colorful glasses to see the world with.

• User profile image
    anand.t

the last war?? Embarassed

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.