Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Has anyone seen this yet?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

What's next? Flash ads on the side?

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

NO. Never seen it.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Yep, I seen it.

I'm not excited where this is going.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I saw it. Clicked on it. Survey did nothing.

I hate Web 2.5 or w/e C9 is deciding to use as its model. Perplexed

• User profile image
    Minh

On a related note, how many times have you click on the links below. I can count on one hand the number of times I did.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Once.

But that was only because I wanted to see SilverLight news.

• User profile image
    phreaks

Minh wrote:
    On a related note, how many times have you click on the links below. I can count on one hand the number of times I did.

I try to click those links at least 5 times a day.

• User profile image
    z2bass

I know what that's for! ITS FOR CHANNEL 8! I filled it out... it was student-oriented.  

• User profile image
    jamie

i clicked on that little microsoft survey app.

i took the survey.

"it made a possitive and exciting difference in my life"

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I actually like the Microsoft Community bar. It's easy to jump between sites and a good alternative to bookmarking each site separately.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

z2bass wrote:
    I ... it was student-oriented.  

Unless you didn't indicate you were a student. Then it wasn't.

I gave up on it after the second set of rating the marketing slogans 1-9 ( I could have used a scale from 4-6 with the occassional outlier. Or maybe just a "meh" choice).

I think they were missing:

"Much better than Cats. I'm going to [use] it again and again."

• User profile image
    MasterPi

TommyCarlier wrote:
    I actually like the Microsoft Community bar. It's easy to jump between sites and a good alternative to bookmarking each site separately.

But...it's so ugly looking. [6]

• User profile image
    Jaz

TommyCarlier wrote:

I don't ever use it, but i must admit i like the idea of it.  I kinda wished it scrolled with me in some ways.

anyhow, yeah i was shocked to see that survey come up this morning.  I filled it in though, but please less of that.

• User profile image
    dentaku

TommyCarlier wrote:

I HATE that it pops up every time I reach for the Back button because I have to pass over it on the way.
    It's very annoying on the left side and would be allot less intrusive on the right.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I almost never touch the Back-button. I usually press Backspace when my hands are on the keyboard, or I use the mouse gesture (dragging the mouse to the left with the right mouse button down).

• User profile image
    Sabot

Minh wrote:
    What's next? Flash ads on the side? ...

Doesn't bother me! It's cool that the guys want to hear our opinions. 

Asking in the forum isn't the best way to get the answers to the questions they want answer in a manner that can be measured and quantified.

So they want to concentrate on students, fair enough, this is an areas of IT that doesn't enjoy the same concentration it perhaps deserves especially when you think of the potential.

Agreed that betting on students can be risky as they are a fickle bunch but getting in tune with their thinking and trends does give many an idea of which way to steer the ship. But working out what is Gold and not Pyrite is the trick! So some thing like Channel 8 will see all that thinking.

Of course us Dev's we obviously see the benefits because they are bound to bubble up into the Microsoft cloud as ours ideas currently do ... and don't be fooled that they don't.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Yeah. And I even compiled it... am I evil now?

Minh wrote:

Well I click them from time to time - if something interesting shows up... And they aren't that much prominent to bother anybody, are they?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Its annoying -.-

I got it 12 times in school, and just got it again..

Get rid of it, please.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.