Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Looking for Vista working gif...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ixdatul

Does anyone know where I can pickup a gif of the "blue green orb" cursor Vista uses for it's working cursor?

TIA,
    Ix

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Probably no idea what I'm on about, but cant you find the folder where the cursors are kept and do some jiggery-pokery to change into .gif?

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

ixdatul wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can pickup a gif of the "blue green orb" cursor Vista uses for it's working cursor?

TIA,
    Ix

Not into a GIF no. The Animated Cursor files are 32-bit (24-bit color with 8-bit opacity Alpha channel), the GIF format only supports index transparency and 256 colors.

Then there's PNG which supports 32-bit color w/ Alpha, but on certain systems IE6 and 7 don't render PNG colors correctly (something to do with system gamma settings), even so, PNG doesn't support animation.

Finally, there's MNG, which is PNG, but with animation support. But you'll be hard-pressed to find any software that supports it.

So in conclusiion, you're b0rked.

...or not, you need to tell us what you want the animated icon for first, so we can devise alternatives.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

W3bbo wrote:

ixdatul wrote:

TIA,
    Ix

Not into a GIF no. The Animated Cursor files are 32-bit (24-bit color with 8-bit opacity Alpha channel), the GIF format only supports index transparency and 256 colors.

Then there's PNG which supports 32-bit color w/ Alpha, but on certain systems IE6 and 7 don't render PNG colors correctly (something to do with system gamma settings), even so, PNG doesn't support animation.

Finally, there's MNG, which is PNG, but with animation support. But you'll be hard-pressed to find any software that supports it.

So in conclusiion, you're b0rked.

...or not, you need to tell us what you want the animated icon for first, so we can devise alternatives.

Wanted to use it for an AJAX update panel animation ala hotmail live

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier
  • User profile image
    z2bass

http://www.napyfab.com/ajax-indicators/

It doesn't look good... but its close.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

TommyCarlier wrote:

Awesome! Thanks Much!

• User profile image
    ixdatul

z2bass wrote:
    http://www.napyfab.com/ajax-indicators/

It doesn't look good... but its close.

Yea, kinda pixely, but I might be able to work it out, for the time being I went with a blue 3d circle from Tommy's link, very cool.

Thanks Much Guys

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

TommyCarlier wrote:

Nice, got any more stuff like that?

Thats a cool find.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I read about it on Mitch Denny's blog a while ago.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.