Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

TrustedInstaller.exe f*cking up Geometry Wars

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

I'm playing my daily game of Geometry Wars on Vista and every time TrustedInstaller.exe starts running and takes up all my cpu resources. Because TrustedInstaller is running as the same priority level my game slows down and sometimes completely freezes.

The description of the exe says it's for installing Windows components and stuff but why does it start running when I'm playing this game? There are no patches being installed, no other background applications or the sidebar are active.

For now I solved it by changing the priority of the exe. Shutting it down doesn't work.

• User profile image
    slash84

A few minutes after the DAMN TrustedInstaller.exe hogs up my system resources, Windows Update informs me of updates available and then the .exe stops its work. So i would say it is nothing but Windows Installer checking your system for new drivers or patches available. So jsut disable Windows Update if the problem persists.

• User profile image
    TimP

Out of curiosity, did you buy the "Vista exclusive" Geometry Wars through MSN Games or are you playing the Steam version of Geometry Wars. I'm fairly certain they're both the same, except that the Steam version officially supports XP. I just hadn't heard of TrustedInstaller.exe before (I have the Steam version).

• User profile image
    ZippyV

It's the msn version. You don't have to buy it, the trial system doesn't work on Vista which means that every msn game is practically free.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.