Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Pleez Halp

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

OK now that I got your attention.

A few days ago me and a friend started this "Keywording System" that's almost the simplest ideal, but you can write something for one person doesn't mean it's going to be the best for all people...this is where Channel9 comes in. And so the story...

Day after day we have websites we visit....Digg, AOL, Google, Yahoo, ICanHasCheezburger, etc...but in order to visit them sometimes we type http:// and get our visited links....sometimes we have them bookmarked onto our browser...and sometimes we just type them up into the address bar and hope that we get the best result. We're hoping to solve this in a way.

[WARNING] Alpha Website [/WARNING]

We're looking to form a website (and surrounding services) where people can submit websites with keywords. So http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=15 is "Channel 9", http://www.on10.net is "On10", and Dogs goes to "http://www.petsmart.com". However you can't really code, work, and browse the web all at the same time...

This is where you come in.

What we would like is for people to maybe use the site, visit the tools page and use the posting button...post your websites and keyword them....I'm asking Channel9 first because we have the people here that know how the technology works out there and can give the best suggestions...and be the best critics...and now for a rundown of things I can think of right now...

1) yes there will be a way to tag something different from someone else. So if W3bbo post SomethingAweful as SA but LittleGuru wants to post SA for a review for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, then you can....it's not around YET.

2) Yes there will be a REST query platform. So if Sabot wants to post on his site the 10 Keywords he visits he'll be able to query them...again...it's not around YET.

3) The main database submissions will be controlled...that way (before the future happens) someone doesn't keyword Happy as being a review for Happy Gilmore and someone else comes along later and keywords Happy for Clown Pr0n or something. BTW: This wont apply for user tables, so once you tag something you'll accept responsibility for it.

4) Future occurs - Site gets bigger - Cookies was keyworded to a Chocolate Chip recipie in the main database....Mrs. Fields comes along and offers to pay to point it to their website, they win. The main database will NOT be community grabs. However integrity will win out...Cookies will not be keyworded to any Goatse pictures, etc.

So give it a try....right now the pages are real raw, real ugly. If you have a site design you want to see, post it here, if you know a better domain that's not taken, suggest it. If you have a logo you want to design, go for it...if you have friends you want to use it...share it.

The more the marry her...

http://www.ferreals.com/keyword.php

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

We can't submit keywords. "submit keyword">"submit">ERRORR!!!!

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    We can't submit keywords. "submit keyword">"submit">ERRORR!!!!

EDIT: What are you doing? I just entered one in.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Click Submit a keyword>Enter URL and Keyword>ERROR!! message. I'll get a screenshot.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Don't get it any more. Is it meant to redirect to the page?

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Don't get it any more. Is it meant to redirect to the page?

Well if you use the post button yes, however it's the same form as when you submit from the page...

• User profile image
    Massif

I'm not sure I understand how this beats what we have now, which is an automatic search if you don't type a valid URL.

Not to be a downer or anything Big Smile

Do please correct me if I've missed a point or two.

• User profile image
    blowdart

*shrug* Added a keyword, it never appeared. And why does submitting a keyword take you to that site, and not to a confirmation page?

• User profile image
    Dodo

Hey, there, I just added my domain, with a shorty Smiley
    It's the animesharp shorty.

Don't think it's bad, but can you please fix this back to browsing link, cause it does use histroy linking and the old webpages expire too easily. Use a fixed URL.

Keep going Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.