Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

MSDN Subscriptions Help!!!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    yifan_lu

Ok, I don't know where to post this, so if it is the wrong place, sorry. I'm thinking of buying a MSDN Subscription Operating System, and was wondering what is on the CDs in the box?

• User profile image
    mstefan

yifan_lu wrote:
    Ok, I don't know where to post this, so if it is the wrong place, sorry. I'm thinking of buying a MSDN Subscription Operating System, and was wondering what is on the CDs in the box?

Is that a trick question?

Presuming that you want to know what else is included besides the various versions of Windows, it includes the Library disc, SDK disc (.NET Framework, Windows SDK, etc.) and Virtual PC.

• User profile image
    keeron

If you are lucky, you'll get Steve Balmers pictures Smiley

Or if you are unluck, a paris hilton video Smiley

Seriously, when you decided to "buy" the MSDN subscription, did you bother to check their website? The page where they say what each level means, how much it costs, and what you get on the CD?

• User profile image
    yifan_lu

Ok, thanks. I did look through MSDN's website, and it doesn't say what software come IN THE BOX.

• User profile image
    amotif

Does the amazing MSDN Subscriptions Chart help you any?

Smiley

• User profile image
    out180

*sigh*

Everyone so quick to get their jab in.

Read the op.  He/she is buying it retail.  That's my take from the liberal use of "in the box" throughout their posts.

Now, I'm afraid I don't know the answer for sure.  The retail version of the higher up tiers contain CD/DVDs of the MSDN library.  Basically you're not going to get what you want in the box.  Inside you'll find a code number.  You'll go to a website and enter the code to activate your subscription.  After several days/weeks you'll recieve your first shipment.  Then you'll have your disks.  At least that's how it used to work.

That being said if you are in fact thinking of buying it retail I recommend you don't.  You can find a new subscription cheaper than the retail cost.  Just google it for a bit.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.