Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Outlook 2003 and Junk Mail

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

Our accounts department use Windows. Windows XP Pro (SP2) to be exact with Office 2003 Standard.

Now, for some reason we've started to receive a lot of spam. Dunno why. Just started happening.  I've noticed in Outlook 2003 that I can right click on a nasty email in the inbox and add to the blocked senders list.

If I select multiple items in the inbox and right click the junk mail options disappear from the context menu. Any of you chaps out there know how to send multiple items to junk?

Cheers guys.Big Smile

• User profile image
    Pace

Select the items and just drop them in the junk folder.

Also check the settings, "Tools", "Options", "Junk Email Options" you can adjust the sensitivity of the junk mail here.

If your using exchange you might want to check the intelligent message filtering settings also.

• User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

Pace wrote:

Select the items and just drop them in the junk folder.

Also check the settings, "Tools", "Options", "Junk Email Options" you can adjust the sensitivity of the junk mail here.

If your using exchange you might want to check the intelligent message filtering settings also.

Oh Blimey. Thank you, Pace.

I am a numpty. Perplexed

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Don't bother creating a blacklist, spammers use unexisting email adresses. I've put my filtering option to 'Exclusive' so that all my mail goes to the junkmail folder and only the emailaddresses of my whitelist go to my mailbox.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.