Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How do I get to my profile?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Other than creating a brand new thread and then clicking on my name...

    I hope the next release will have enough spare space that we can have a 'my profile' link somewhere on the page.

  • User profile image
    Angus

    Can't you just click on "Profile" at the top?

    Or are you on the Beta?

    Angus Higgins

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    Open your eyes and look at the top right of the website - in the middle of Readme.txt and Logout! - right under the "You say Beta?! I say, you Bet'cha" thing.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    I'm on the regular site, I haven't tried out the beta yet.

    I believe I will look at that right now.

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    ScanIAm wrote:
    Other than creating a brand new thread and then clicking on my name...

    I hope the next release will have enough spare space that we can have a 'my profile' link somewhere on the page.


    *cough*look*cough*



  • User profile image
    GoddersUK



    EDIT: The image shows fine in the editor, just not in the post Perplexed - Please fix Big Smile

    EDIT2:Working now.

  • User profile image
    jamie

    click your name under your avatar  Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    phreaks wrote:
    
    ScanIAm wrote:
    Other than creating a brand new thread and then clicking on my name...

    I hope the next release will have enough spare space that we can have a 'my profile' link somewhere on the page.


    *cough*look*cough*


    Now now, that doesn't appear if you're logged in via passport

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    GoddersUK wrote:
    

    EDIT: The image shows fine in the editor, just not in the post - Please fix

    EDIT2:Working now.
    I've had this discussion repeatedly with the devs/mods, but nobody believes me. Here is what I see:

    Before you say anything, I AM logged in using a passport account.

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    blowdart wrote:
    
    Now now, that doesn't appear if you're logged in via passport




  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    EDIT: I didn't read his post properly Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    jamie wrote:
    click your name under your avatar 


    Sure, but if I haven't made a comment in a while, the only way to find my avatar is to find a post that I've made (or make a new one). 

    I tried searching for posts by me, but I gave up after a few minutes of waiting for a response.

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    Try sigining in not using you're passport.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    And what password would you have me use? 

    Smiley

  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

    ScanIAm wrote:
    And what password would you have me use? 



    Go to profile --> Settings --> Change Password.

    Cool

  • User profile image
    mig

    You can create a new one, an alternate way to LOOK at your profile is: http://channel9.msdn.com/niners/scaniam ... typing it out into the browser. And I assume you've tried clearing out your cookies/temporary internet files etc. and then trying to log-in to the site again?

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    mig wrote:
    You can create a new one, an alternate way to LOOK at your profile is: http://channel9.msdn.com/niners/scaniam ... typing it out into the browser. And I assume you've tried clearing out your cookies/temporary internet files etc. and then trying to log-in to the site again?


    Good ideas (both you and GoddersUK), but unfortunately, I can't create a new password, because it prompts me for my old password (which doesn't exist).  I just tried this now and received an error. 

    I also just an hour ago cleared my cache/cookies/temp files/etc. and still no luck.

    It's been a long running problem on the C9 site when using passport.  I'm tempted to just create a new account, but then I lose all the wonderful karma that comes with the name....

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    mig wrote:
    You can create a new one, an alternate way to LOOK at your profile is: http://channel9.msdn.com/niners/scaniam ... typing it out into the browser. And I assume you've tried clearing out your cookies/temporary internet files etc. and then trying to log-in to the site again?


    Good ideas (both you and GoddersUK), but unfortunately, I can't create a new password, because it prompts me for my old password (which doesn't exist).  I just tried this now and received an error. 

    I also just an hour ago cleared my cache/cookies/temp files/etc. and still no luck.

    It's been a long running problem on the C9 site when using passport.  I'm tempted to just create a new account, but then I lose all the wonderful karma that comes with the name....


    Logout and try the 'Forgot Password' link

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.