Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

blackberry v win mobile

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    desiny

A quick q, but does the blackberry device even come close to comparing to the m$ devices? Technically, Aseptically, User friendliness.

I have a Vodafone blackberry device and it sucks, no 3g coverage, no features, email not in the exchange folders.

How can I make a case to change? Surely there is something I am missing with the Blackberry?

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

desiny wrote:

A quick q, but does the blackberry device even come close to comparing to the m$ devices? Technically, Aseptically, User friendliness.

I have a Vodafone blackberry device and it sucks, no 3g coverage, no features, email not in the exchange folders.

How can I make a case to change? Surely there is something I am missing with the Blackberry?

Does it really matter with M$??? Since they only seem to care about $$$? Maybe posting on an M$ message board might give a bia$ed opinion. You might want to cross post your question on $lashdot or something.. Ju$t an opinion.

Troll.

• User profile image
    TadejK

Why a troll? I think his message was completely fine. (sorry, don't know the answer)
    Oh, and slashdot is sooo good .. right ..

• User profile image
    Refrax

desiny wrote:

i think it is all up to what the person likes. i use to have the BB7100t (i think that was the model). because the company didn't want to pay for a BB server i had to use the desktop redirector. my manager has the perl that has 3g i think. he likes his phone. i moved to a dash and set it up to sync with exchange so i don't need the redirector any more.  most of the functions exist in both types of devices, the only thing i can say would be does the company want to use the BB server/desktop redirector to sync the phone or use exchange.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

BBs are limited in terms of programmability.  I've done a ton of dev work on BBs and WinMo.  WinMo is the only one that you can run native code on.  BB is Java only.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

desiny wrote:
    I have a Vodafone blackberry device and it sucks, no 3g coverage,

Your handset won't affect your 3g signal. Perplexed

If that's your main problem, switch networks.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.