Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Glasgow Fire-car

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

A car just ploughed into Glasgow airport with two Muslim men on fire inside.

Mad Perplexed

Told you the car bombs were just warnings...

I'm worried now, I'm going on holiday soon! Perplexed

Full story

People get madder every day...

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    otech

Dylan C wrote:

crazy stuff...

dude... tell me your joking...

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Yeah, could you erm... de-psycho-fy that a bit so my post doesn't get locked?

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    blowdart

Asian != Muslim

• User profile image
    dahat

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Told you the car bombs were just warnings...

Are you saying that you think that the riggers of those two mercedes wanted them to be found undetonated?

If so... care to point out some other cases where terrorists (with the occasional exception of the IRA) wanted their bombs to be found unexploded when not phoning in demands or a clear warning?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Check out GoddersUK's post. I've got an explanation there.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

Muslim men? Did they run out of the car shouting 'Allahu Akbar' before praying towards Mecca?

They were two Asian guys. No word on their religious beliefs or motives yet.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

And it appears that ETA have been bombing a Spanish airport too:

Link

• User profile image
    anand.t

that is scray. Dylan C is even more scary Expressionless

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dylan C wrote:

Obviously you people were not in NY when 9/11 happend...

And obviously you people weren't in London for 20 years whilst other americans chanelled money to the IRA to bomb British people.

What's your point?

• User profile image
    anand.t

Dylan C wrote:

anand.t wrote:
    that is scray. Dylan C is even more scary

Obviously you people were not in NY when 9/11 happend...

Obviously you people have not been in india when the brits killed and tortured people. Nor have you been in india when bombs were blasted and more than 1/2 million killed in kashmir and UK and US were silent. Nor were you when a dictator was fed and armed by US and UK during his use of chemical weapons against Iran. Wait have you been to iraq where 100 people die everyday??

You are so angry against them for failed bombs then how angry would those guys be for successful bombs going on there everyday?? Perplexed

• User profile image
    dahat

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Check out GoddersUK's post. I've got an explanation there.

I'm sorry but your explanation/opinion is completely worthless and uninformed and frankly I feel stupider for having read it.

What possible advantage is there to a terrorist to allow their munitions to be found unexploded prior to a larger attack when they could just as easily detonate the earlier stuff and cause more death and destruction? None.

Sure, they are causing terror by saying "we could have killed you at any time"... but by doing so they are showing their hand and giving the good guys a good chance of capturing them, instead they'd be better off detonating the first stuff (more effect) or better yet not detonate anything and staying out of sight and not calling attention to themselves until after the larger attack(s)... lets not forget that terrorists are generally not keen on giving any kind of specific warning of their capabilities or targets... instead when they want to send a message with a bomb, they do their best to make sure it blows up.

I mentioned the IRA because they were one of those rare organizations who would give warning of specific attacks so that (in theory) civilians would have a chance to get clear... and we have not been seeing this tactic all that much (there are a couple of just a couple of cases in fact) from the terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan or the rest of Europe... so chances are they are not of the political sort (aka "we demand the release of all political prisoners" or "we demand the release members of _____ who are currently being held.")

Dr Herbie is correct... bomb making is not the easiest thing and a lot can go wrong in the process of building and properly detonating any kind of explosive device. If you are lucky and have access to unspent military ordinance (like what a good chunk of the IED's killing Iraqi civilians are based on)... it's a relatively simple matter (by comparison) to rig a couple weapons of war to blow up simultaneously in the trunk of a car... taking off the shelf parts and building your own is far more tricky.

• User profile image
    dahat

k2t0f12d wrote:
    And demand one barrel of oil per day from Mexico for each illegal alien found in the United States.

Better yet... a small chunk of Mexican territory per illegal.

The United States will never agree to membership in an EU style 'North American Union' as it has to much to lose... however allow thing the 31 Mexican states to join the United States under the US Constitution would be a much more pallatible idea.

• User profile image
    littleguru

blowdart wrote:
    Asian != Muslim

So true!

• User profile image
    Charles

Tone down. Dylan, keep your racist remarks to yourself (better yet, throw them away and use your critical thinking skills...)

Do not take the thread to the dark side.

C

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d

Naw.  Just deport the extremists and Jimmy Carter.  Never ever nuke if it isn't absolutely critical, since the repercussions are bad for everyone, use conventional bombs if you have a target  Tongue Out  Stop prosecuting American soldiers who do their jobs.  Don't trust enemy agents to tell the truth about what happened in a gun fight.  Stop selling critical national commodities to foreign interests.  Hike up tariffs on foreign imports, particularly those from asian countries with devalued currency.  And demand one barrel of oil per day from Mexico for each illegal alien found in the United States.  Stop beating up the poor Serbians, they were there for centuries, not the Albanians!

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.