Coffeehouse Thread

62 posts

Microsoft has nowhere to run; Developers leaving Windows desktop

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    corona_coder

Great article and I agree 100% with the author.  Microsoft cannot and willnotl survive open source. we are winning.  We are dwindling their marketshare, the OSS projects put out better software.  This comes from Government officials as well.  I predict in 2015 there will be no Microsoft, in 2009 OS/2 will have more marketshare than Windows.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

corona_coder wrote:
    I predict in 2009 OS/2 will have more marketshare than Windows.

QFE.  corona_coder has clearly lost his mind.

• User profile image
    Ray6

Yup.

Saw the article was from 'Free Source whatever', and stopped reading there ....

I predict plenty of emotion and no hard evidence.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

We  willnotl survive past 2012.

• User profile image
    anand.t

what should I have for lunch now Perplexed

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

corona_coder wrote:
        Great article and I agree 100% with the author.  Microsoft cannot and willnotl survive open source. we are winning.  We are dwindling their marketshare, the OSS projects put out better software.  This comes from Government officials as well.  I predict in 2015 there will be no Microsoft, in 2009 OS/2 will have more marketshare than Windows.

I predict that Linux will continue to suffer a minimalistic user base until someone releases a distro with:
     - Good OOBE experience
     - Native support for Windows apps (no emulation)
     - Significant, or even noticable, support from Game developers

XP has been long enough to garner respect and support from a great deal of the world as a whole. It will be around long after 2009. 

Around 2008 (it pains me to say) Vista will have the most significant market penetration, followed by Vienna, Singularity, and whatever Microsoft does next.

You wanna troll Windows? Go do it on an anti-Windows forum. Nobody likes you here.

• User profile image
    phreaks

And every enterprise is going to rewrite all their windows apps, database procedures and migrate all their data over to linux too.

All by 2015. Very interesting, I can't wait for the $$$ to start rolling in from all this work

I should prolly start just writting my apps in strict c now, aye, to make the conversion that much easier.

My sister can't figure out how to program her remote control, but using linux, hey that will be a breeze!

I'm so excited!

• User profile image
    Skeeterbug

corona_coder wrote:

I had a really long rant about this post. Then the last line I read OS/2 will have more marketshare than Windows. LOL

9/10 - You almost got me.

• User profile image
    mig

phreaks wrote:
    And every enterprise is going to rewrite all their windows apps, database procedures and migrate all their data over to linux too.

All by 2015. Very interesting, I can't wait for the $$$ to start rolling in from all this work

I should prolly start just writting my apps in strict c now, aye, to make the conversion that much easier.

My sister can't figure out how to program her remote control, but using linux, hey that will be a breeze!

I'm so excited!

[C] [C] [C] <- those are tears from laughing so hard....

I'm hungry as well, think I'll have some pasta today.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

corona_coder wrote:

If ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest guy in Imbecilia.

You know, I think you need a better way to attract attention to your cause, maybe a nice cardboard sign reading:

"Thel Yearl Ofl Thel Linuxl Desktopl Isl Comingl! Inl 2001 2003 2005 2007 2015 Youl Willl Knowl Whatl Il Knowl !!!"

Just a side note here, why don't you formulate your own opinion about something instead of regurgitating every *nix piece of literary trash you get in your gmail Inbox.

We might be following the corporate devil to oppressed code hell, but at least were not sheep following each other off a cliff.

Regards,
    Ix

• User profile image
    cornelius

what is this wondrous open source you all speak of?

• User profile image
    Ray6

cornelius wrote:

It's the dominant religion of a small country called Ubuntu.

It's followers worship a god called StawlMarn, who, it is said, will deliver the world from the evil church of M$c$o$o$t (for that is how it is written).

Upon that most joyous of days, the worshippers of OpenSauce (praise be upon it) will rejoice and give thanks, by taking a bath and then moving out of their parent's house.

Don't you know anything?

Perplexed

• User profile image
    ixdatul

Ray6 wrote:

cornelius wrote:

It's followers worship a god called StawlMarn, who, it is said, will deliver the world from the evil church of M$c$o$o$t (for that is how it is written).

Upon that most joyous of days, the worshippers of OpenSauce (praise be upon it) will rejoice and give thanks, by taking a bath and then moving out of their parent's house.

Don't you know anything?

I laughed so hard people are staring at me.

Ix

• User profile image
    Koogle

Tongue Out hehehe

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

ixdatul wrote:

Ray6 wrote:

cornelius wrote:

Don't you know anything?

I laughed so hard people are staring at me.

Ix

Lol, me too, then my Mum came up to see what was so funny, and she didn't get it Tongue Out

LOL

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

corona_coder wrote:

Dull

• User profile image
    mstefan

You know, I like pepper jack cheese. That, with a nice bit of smoked ham and a dab of Colman's mustard. It makes for a delicious snack.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Or fried penguin, my new favorite food. Yummy!

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.