Coffeehouse Thread

62 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft has nowhere to run; Developers leaving Windows desktop

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jigarmehtam​scit

He he he.. OP must be funny..

Go get some life, you looser..!! Forget about Microsoft and OS2, prepare for your own food.

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d

jigarmehtamscit wrote:
    He he he.. OP must be funny..

Go get some life, you looser..!! Forget about Microsoft and OS2, prepare for your own food.

Run from the pears that orbit distant applesauce.  Green fleas dine in restaurant disease smelling mermaids.  Perplexed

• User profile image
    corona_coder

More evidence is rolling in, the Linux desktop has arrived for developers.  Like I said, 2009 Windows will just be a bad memory.  We are taking their developers and are taking windows marketshare.  The fact Vista was such a failure has also helped a lot.  If Vista had been worth anything, things probably would be different.  Microsofts time has come and gone.  The future is free.

As more and more people are seeing, for best results use Linux.

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

corona_coder wrote:
    More evidence is rolling in, the Linux desktop has arrived for developers.  Like I said, 2009 Windows will just be a bad memory.  We are taking their developers and are taking windows marketshare.  The fact Vista was such a failure has also helped a lot.  If Vista had been worth anything, things probably would be different.  Microsofts time has come and gone.  The future is free.

As more and more people are seeing, for best results use Linux.

too bad web stats show linux not gaining marketshare and also news show linux servers losing marketshare and linux sales being lower than expected Sad

did I also mention vista selling more than the global linux marketshare only in its first sales month? continue dreaming Big Smile

did you also read your article? it clearly states that the increase in linux development is due to online applications: developers are moving to linux server apps development, not to linux desktop apps developmentso this has nothing to do with desktop linux.

However, since MS is eating all of the Apache marketshare month after month don't expect this trend to last forever [6][6][6][6], it's going to reverse in a year or so. Or do you think that online apps developers will still target linux servers when Windows Server will soon be the dominant platform? Big Smile

• User profile image
    BlackTiger
    If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    blowdart

BlackTiger wrote:

What a truely awful article. Misleading headline; bad graphs. It talks about venture capital without really a nod to open source at all, nor a comparision with closed source ventures which would be necessary to make a useful conclusion.

Plus, lets be honest, most of these ventures just *use* open source, they aren't open source themselves.

• User profile image
    Massif

[quote user="k2t0f12d"] quote]

I want to know two things:

1 - since when did Emacs have (or need) a logo?
    2 - What on earth is it? If I stare really hard I think it looks like a goat.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Massif wrote:
    [quote user="k2t0f12d"] quote]

I want to know two things:

1 - since when did Emacs have (or need) a logo?
    2 - What on earth is it? If I stare really hard I think it looks like a goat.

It's a unicorn to me. Because of Emac's mythical "better than Vi" status perhaps?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.