Coffeehouse Thread

39 posts

London Niners: Charles is coming...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

Hey London Niners,

I will be in London on Friday (07/06/07). Contact me if you want to meet up (I'll be there until 07/14/07).

Cheers,
    C

• User profile image
    eagle

07/06/07 was last month Charles, maybe you should spend 6 months or more in Derrylondon.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Charles wrote:
    Hey London Niners,

I will be in London on Friday (07/06/07). Contact me if you want to meet up (I'll be there until 07/14/07).

Cheers,
    C

If you're going to go to the UK, at least use our date system. As Eagle rightly put, the 07/06 was last month Smiley

...or just stick to ISO-8601 Smiley 2007-07-06

• User profile image
    anand.t

SO does that mean channel9 would be at our mercy for 8 full days Wink

• User profile image
    AndyC

Nitpicking about dates aside, sure I could pop on a train if folks fancy a beer or two this weekend.

• User profile image
    Chadk

What up with london? Seems to be the place you always go to. Denmark needs some love too! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Charles

Chadk wrote:

What up with london? Seems to be the place you always go to. Denmark needs some love too!

I hear you. In this case, I'm going to get some C9 footage at MSR Cambridge and will be staying in London. At some point, I will make it to Denmark, Italy, Netherlands (I'll be there in Sept), etc.

OK. Here are the English dates I'll be in London: 2007/07/06 - 2007/07/14. Happy now? Smiley

C

• User profile image
    Colin Angus Mackay

Charles wrote:

Chadk wrote:

What up with london? Seems to be the place you always go to. Denmark needs some love too!

I hear you. In this case, I'm going to get some C9 footage at MSR Cambridge and will be staying in London. At some point, I will make it to Denmark, Italy, Netherlands (I'll be there in Sept), etc.

OK. Here are the English dates I'll be in London: 2007/07/06 - 2007/07/14. Happy now?

C

They look closer to ISO dates Tongue Out

Anyway, if you are going to Cambridge why stay in London? If I had the choice I'd take Cambridge any day. It is a beautiful city, they have this cricket club where you can get the most fantastic meals at the club house (unfortunately, its been so long I don't remember the name) - They did a super sweet pudding of a pancake with a Cabury's Creme Egg filling. Wonderful. Especially if you have a sweet tooth.

• User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

I spend most of my time in London. Shame, I'll be in Cornwall that week with the family.

You could have bought me a beer Big Smile

• User profile image
    littleguru

Charles wrote:
    ... Italy ...

We get some C9 love too Smiley an italian interview + charles coming!!
    Charles, are you going to be at TechEd Barcelona this fall?

• User profile image
    Charles

Yep. I plan on being at TechED Barcelona in Nov.

C

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Which teams are you going to be interviewing?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Pinged ya.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Charles wrote:
    I'm going to get some C9 footage at MSR Cambridge and will be staying in London.

Last time you were in cambridge, didnt you interview the research guys? I thought that was awesome. Can you get some more research footage. Pretty please?

• User profile image
    Bas

Charles wrote:
    At some point, I will make it to Denmark, Italy, Netherlands (I'll be there in Sept), etc.

Cool, it'll be the smallest meetup ever. Unless Sven comes back from Japan.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Shame. I can't get to London easily, these days.

Channel 9 should do a world tour : sent Charles to every major city there 9ers are willing to meet him.  That should keep him out of trouble for e few months Wink

Herbie

• User profile image
    Andrew Davey

What are the chances of some niners being allowed to trail you whilst filming at MSR? I'm sure we can be useful, carrying spare batteries, asking clever questions, etc. Smiley

• User profile image
    Chadk

Andrew Davey wrote:
    What are the chances of some niners being allowed to trail you whilst filming at MSR? I'm sure we can be useful, carrying spare batteries, asking clever questions, etc.

Awesome idea :O Just dont bring blowdart - hes not technical enough!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.