Coffeehouse Thread

67 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

About jamie's locked thread...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

Is that a list of request?

Or is that a list of stuff they're fixing?

PS. I like "(as in FireFox)". haha.

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Minh wrote:
    Is that a list of request?

Or is that a list of stuff they're fixing?

PS. I like "(as in FireFox)". haha.

I didn't have the ability to delete it (although I guess I could have edited his post), so I locked it so it'd fall of the front page.

Thanks to Jamie for editing the content (although I didn't know you could do that on a locked post).

• User profile image
    Rossj

Why do I feel like I've missed something interesting?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Rossj wrote:
    Why do I feel like I've missed something interesting?

It's always the same -- all the exciting stuff happens while us Brits are asleep.  Now, of course we'll spend all day wondering what it was all about ... Wink

Herbie

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Same here. Very odd that one of Jamie's threads got locked. What in Zeus's bûtthole could he have posted?

• User profile image
    Chadk

It was some kind of feature/suggestions lists from what i think was the Windows Early Beta team(?)..

I dont know he posted it anyways.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Same here. Very odd that one of Jamie's threads got locked. What in Zeus's bûtthole could he have posted?

I saw the whole thing!  Ha ha!  I know the secrets!  All the precious secrets...

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

DoomBringer wrote:

TommyCarlier wrote:

I saw the whole thing!  Ha ha!  I know the secrets!  All the precious secrets...

No! My precious! They stole it from us, filthy DoomBringerses!

• User profile image
    littleguru

Damn. Didn't see that thread. Crying

• User profile image
    Cyonix

littleguru wrote:
    Damn. Didn't see that thread.
    Either Sad

• User profile image
    Charles

An NDA is a binding legal agreement. Pretty stupid move, Jamie....

C

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Charles wrote:

C

NDA? Now I wish I would have read it.

*goes to check search engine cache*

• User profile image
    littleguru

There is a reason for NDAs. You can't on the one hand sign one to get internal information and on the other publish it on the internet afterwards. - was a stupid move...

I hope they don't sue you, jamie.

• User profile image
    Minh

Charles wrote:

C

Pish posh!

"Information wants to be free."

Plus, it's MS' best PR since.... since "Surface"

• User profile image
    Charles

Minh wrote:

Charles wrote:

C

Pish posh!

"Information wants to be free."

Plus, it's MS' best PR since.... since "Surface"

ALL,  PLEASE don't post illegal stuff here again. End of story.
    C

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

DoomBringer wrote:

TommyCarlier wrote:

oh no! now the Vista team is going after you... armed with their favorite weapon... a debugger!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    jamie

um how about some Clearification...

1. I clicked a link about Early Feedback Program a year ago or something and joined.

2. After my RC2 ran out - I have been on XP ever since(as i was never sent the vista "prize")

3. I completely forgot joining this program

4. I get a LOT of emails from MS *click here to see missing images.. bla bla annouce this..bla bla announce that - usually normal corp/marketing stuff   -  but this email basically said - hey here's a list of things we think warrant attention - and lo and behold - the list actually had things 9ers have been requesting over and over since Longhorn betas..

5. My first thought was not - is there an NDA - it was HOLY CRAP FINALLY MS ARE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT VISTA!  HOORAY!

6. I posted the email - with a message about hoping it was for SP1 - not the next version - but that even that would be cool

7. I thought at last moment - hmm maybe im not allowed to post this - so i wrote - If im not allowed to post this ill  remove it

8, then - i had to go out - and i didnt really think anything was wrong

9. i come back - thread is locked - i imediatelly remove the content

10. i get an email from Long about me posting it on his site ...

11. i go to his site and someone posted in comments under my name

12. i post as "the real jamie" that i removed the stuff from c9 - but i did not post above

13.  I did not try to LINK (I need to watch my language) some nda info - i was truely EXCITED - about windows coming list of issues/features to be fixed

14. I know it may be hard for some to remember being excited about windows - but i was and i posted it thinking - this shouldnt be in some silly email - it should be on channel9

15. <lennon>Sorry if i was wrong - or i taken wrong or whatever. and now it's all this:|   Perplexed

• User profile image
    Charles

Everything's OK, Jamie. Take a deep breath. Relax.

C

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.