Coffeehouse Thread

67 posts

About jamie's locked thread...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

Is that a list of request?

Or is that a list of stuff they're fixing?

PS. I like "(as in FireFox)". haha.

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Minh wrote:
    Is that a list of request?

Or is that a list of stuff they're fixing?

PS. I like "(as in FireFox)". haha.

I didn't have the ability to delete it (although I guess I could have edited his post), so I locked it so it'd fall of the front page.

Thanks to Jamie for editing the content (although I didn't know you could do that on a locked post).

• User profile image
    Rossj

Why do I feel like I've missed something interesting?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Rossj wrote:
    Why do I feel like I've missed something interesting?

It's always the same -- all the exciting stuff happens while us Brits are asleep.  Now, of course we'll spend all day wondering what it was all about ... Wink

Herbie

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Same here. Very odd that one of Jamie's threads got locked. What in Zeus's bûtthole could he have posted?

• User profile image
    Chadk

It was some kind of feature/suggestions lists from what i think was the Windows Early Beta team(?)..

I dont know he posted it anyways.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Same here. Very odd that one of Jamie's threads got locked. What in Zeus's bûtthole could he have posted?

I saw the whole thing!  Ha ha!  I know the secrets!  All the precious secrets...

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

DoomBringer wrote:

TommyCarlier wrote:

I saw the whole thing!  Ha ha!  I know the secrets!  All the precious secrets...

No! My precious! They stole it from us, filthy DoomBringerses!

• User profile image
    littleguru

Damn. Didn't see that thread. Crying

• User profile image
    Cyonix

littleguru wrote:
    Damn. Didn't see that thread.
    Either Sad

• User profile image
    Charles

An NDA is a binding legal agreement. Pretty stupid move, Jamie....

C

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Charles wrote:

C

NDA? Now I wish I would have read it.

*goes to check search engine cache*

• User profile image
    littleguru

There is a reason for NDAs. You can't on the one hand sign one to get internal information and on the other publish it on the internet afterwards. - was a stupid move...

I hope they don't sue you, jamie.

• User profile image
    Minh

Charles wrote:

C

Pish posh!

"Information wants to be free."

Plus, it's MS' best PR since.... since "Surface"

• User profile image
    Charles

Minh wrote:

Charles wrote:

C

Pish posh!

"Information wants to be free."

Plus, it's MS' best PR since.... since "Surface"

ALL,  PLEASE don't post illegal stuff here again. End of story.
    C

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

DoomBringer wrote:

TommyCarlier wrote:

oh no! now the Vista team is going after you... armed with their favorite weapon... a debugger!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    jamie

um how about some Clearification...

1. I clicked a link about Early Feedback Program a year ago or something and joined.

2. After my RC2 ran out - I have been on XP ever since(as i was never sent the vista "prize")

3. I completely forgot joining this program

4. I get a LOT of emails from MS *click here to see missing images.. bla bla annouce this..bla bla announce that - usually normal corp/marketing stuff   -  but this email basically said - hey here's a list of things we think warrant attention - and lo and behold - the list actually had things 9ers have been requesting over and over since Longhorn betas..

5. My first thought was not - is there an NDA - it was HOLY CRAP FINALLY MS ARE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT VISTA!  HOORAY!

6. I posted the email - with a message about hoping it was for SP1 - not the next version - but that even that would be cool

7. I thought at last moment - hmm maybe im not allowed to post this - so i wrote - If im not allowed to post this ill  remove it

8, then - i had to go out - and i didnt really think anything was wrong

9. i come back - thread is locked - i imediatelly remove the content

10. i get an email from Long about me posting it on his site ...

11. i go to his site and someone posted in comments under my name

12. i post as "the real jamie" that i removed the stuff from c9 - but i did not post above

13.  I did not try to LINK (I need to watch my language) some nda info - i was truely EXCITED - about windows coming list of issues/features to be fixed

14. I know it may be hard for some to remember being excited about windows - but i was and i posted it thinking - this shouldnt be in some silly email - it should be on channel9

15. <lennon>Sorry if i was wrong - or i taken wrong or whatever. and now it's all this:|   Perplexed

• User profile image
    Charles

Everything's OK, Jamie. Take a deep breath. Relax.

C

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.