Coffeehouse Thread

114 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Think for yourselves...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

Interesting timing, Hope University in liverpool (ha, hope in Liverpool) announced a .net degree a couple of weeks back.

• User profile image
    AndyC

blowdart wrote:
    Interesting timing, Hope University in liverpool (ha, hope in Liverpool) announced a .net degree a couple of weeks back.

/me mumbles something about polytechnics and real universities
    Tongue Out

• User profile image
    blowdart

AndyC wrote:

blowdart wrote:

/me mumbles something about polytechnics and real universities

That's a valid point of course; the old polys have kept their vocational targetting. Except these days it's the redbricks that still do theory, even some of the older institutions don't bother with algorithm classes any more.

Hey, are you saying my OU degree will be worthless? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    AndyC

blowdart wrote:

Hey, are you saying my OU degree will be worthless?

I couldn't possibly comment on the relative merits of different degree courses or institutions. When choosing a degree, always take adequate time to weigh up the alternatives based on your personal criteria. My views are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Your mileage may very. Avoid contact with eyes. Your house is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a loan held against it. When in doubt, seek medical advice.

Er, or something.

• User profile image
    blowdart

AndyC wrote:

Er, or something.

So wet haddock in the face time at the next DDD?

• User profile image
    AndyC

blowdart wrote:

So wet haddock in the face time at the next DDD?

Well, if you want, but I'm not normally the violent type. Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.