Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows 7 coming soon...3 years

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

CNET Article

"Microsoft is planning to ship its next major version of Windows--known internally as version "7"--within roughly three years, CNET News.com has learned."

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Three years isn't really "soon" and plenty of time for the competition to catch up or surpass.

Lets hope that three years doesn't become five as did Vista.

• User profile image
    esoteric

I was going to say that the five years was due to the dev reset, but who knows how long it would've taken to implement the full LH vision. Since WinFS appears to have been scrapped, I suspect something superior to that is on the horizon. We'll see...

• User profile image
    John Melville-- MD

Cybermagellan wrote:
    CNET Article

"Microsoft is planning to ship its next major version of Windows--known internally as version "7"--within roughly three years, CNET News.com has learned."

3 out years eh??  Can anyone say PDC!!!

Come on Microsoft -- Bring it on!!!

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

I'm all for it... As long as I'm in the alpha and beta!

• User profile image
    Ray6

I reckon this statement will be vigourously denied by Monday evening ... Smiley

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

Don't forget, Sinofsky is running the show now.  Which means Windows won't get delayed anymore, it'll just have its ship date aligned with Office or something. Smiley

• User profile image
    kettch

DigitalDud wrote:
    Don't forget, Sinofsky is running the show now.  Which means Windows won't get delayed anymore, it'll just have its ship date aligned with Office or something.

mmmm...Simultaneous launch of office 2010, VS2010, Server 2010, SQL Server 2010, BizTalk 2010, Dynamics *** 2010, etc...

The MSDN servers can't handle it.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

This seems right.  Weren't they planning to alternate Client and Server releases of Windows?  Like Windows Server 2008 then Windows 7 in 2010 and then Windows Server 2012, etc.?  With R2/SP releases of each halfway in their 4 year cycles, i.e., Windows Server 2008 R2 in 2010, Windows 7 SP1 in 2012.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Who votes Jamie should post a Windows Seven concept here for the gullible diggers and bloggers?

And then say it's a pre-beta build. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

mVPstar wrote:

Who votes Jamie should post a Windows Seven concept here for the gullible diggers and bloggers?

And then say it's a pre-beta build.

Me!!

C'mon Jamie, make them look stupid Tongue Out

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    esoteric

Let's guess what'll be new in Windows 7!

• User profile image
    mcampbell

mVPstar wrote:

And then say it's a pre-beta build.

Yeah, make the GUI look a LOT like Leopard so it will piss alot of people and digg users off.

HAHA, what a great plan! I'm a genius.

• User profile image
    MB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

Here's hoping they manage to lose "Sloth"

• User profile image
    Philip Parttom

Jason Cox wrote:
    I'm all for it... As long as I'm in the alpha and beta!

haha, I was about to say that

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.