about to make the jump Source Offsite -> Subversion

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • SaraJo

anyone do this?

kind of excited.

• SaraJo

Chinmay007 wrote:
    What bug tracker did you end up using?

nada - yet. I like the C# list that was posted, but I've seen those already. Bug Tracker .NET is the one I've used already and may decide to go with that one. I believe that I can just through my .css in there which would be convienient.

Personally I don't se ethe point in our department using bug tracking at this juncture for a lot of reasons. I just see it being poorrly maintained, but I Was asked to come up with one so here I am.

• DuNuNuBatman

I really like subversion. I've done this offsite to our colo so I could access files remotelly and it works rather well. The only problems I had were with larger files 30MB +
    TortoisSVN would hang and I wouldn't know what was going on. Right now I use VisualSVN with VS 2007 Beta 2 and it is pretty cool too. It uses Tortois as its back end.

• Lloyd_Humph

DuNuNuBatman wrote:
    I really like subversion. I've done this offsite to our colo so I could access files remotelly and it works rather well. The only problems I had were with larger files 30MB +
    TortoisSVN would hang and I wouldn't know what was going on. Right now I use VisualSVN with VS 2007 Beta 2 and it is pretty cool too. It uses Tortois as its back end.

Why're you posting on SaraJo's week old posts?

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • DuNuNuBatman

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

DuNuNuBatman wrote:

Why're you posting on SaraJo's week old posts?

Am I being lectured for offering help? I didn't realize there was a deadline for posting on other peoples threads.

• SaraJo

Subversian is cool for it's use of trunks and branches, I also love the "blame" feature and easy rollback.

However, the learning curve sucks as it is a very different interface.

• DuNuNuBatman

Yea, I had a hard time installing it on our remote server.
    I used an installer to set it up on my local dev box though and it was pretty painless. I can't seem to find a link to the installer though.

• ScanIAm

SaraJo wrote:

Subversian is cool for it's use of trunks and branches, I also love the "blame" feature and easy rollback.

However, the learning curve sucks as it is a very different interface.

Did you try out tortoise and/or Ankh(sp?).  It may not work any different, but it does help GUI-fy the interface a bit.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.