Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Vista Battery Saver - need beta testers

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    tamir

I just released beta 2 version of Vista Battery Saver (what is it, why is it, how does it works) and i would like you, guys, to test it and report bugs.
    Beta 1 of this soft got titles in CNet and other tech related magazines, beta 2 with bug fixes and new features is waiting for it's testers to become release. So, please, if you have Windows Vista Home Premium and up, take a look and report issues.

Thank you in advance.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Great and all, but also put it here Big Smile

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=31

Sounds great, I'd try it but I don't have a latop running Vista; then again I don't have a laptop running anything, I don't have a laptop Big Smile [yet Wink]

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    tamir

Thanks you, posted at SandBox as well

• User profile image
    cescotto

tamir wrote:

I just released beta 2 version of Vista Battery Saver (what is it, why is it, how does it works) and i would like you, guys, to test it and report bugs.
    Beta 1 of this soft got titles in CNet and other tech related magazines, beta 2 with bug fixes and new features is waiting for it's testers to become release. So, please, if you have Windows Vista Home Premium and up, take a look and report issues.

Thank you in advance.

You know what would be very cool? the ability to change power profile when the PC is idling (user idle) and restoring the previous when you come back, a thing that Windows doesn't allow (and I still wonder why the hell nobody at MS came out with that idea, knowing how many companies keep workstations always turned on).

This would be really useful and save a lot of money to people that always leave their PCs on all the day and don't want to use speed compromises like speedstep (speedstep isn't immediate and generally slows down in a very noticeable way all the system).

P.S. I believe you could also have people pay for that feature, since it could help save a lot of money

• User profile image
    tamir

Thanks'
    Mark it as feature request for the next version

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

cool!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.