Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Lovin' the Channel8 design

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Massif

Gives me great hope for the C9 design.

Also, sorry if there's been another thread about it, but it looks cool.

That is all.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Yep, I love it...  looks snazzy Smiley

It's the new Web 3.0...  grumpy beta monkeys:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• User profile image
    littleguru

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
    Yep, I love it...  looks snazzy

It's the new Web 3.0...  grumpy beta monkeys:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah, nice indeed.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Yeah, great design. The real question is, will there be a Channel 8 foam toy and where do we get one? Wink

• User profile image
    wkempf

I don't agree.  Too "cartoony" in appearance.  Navigation hidden amongst the drawings made it difficult for me to find may way around initially.  Just finding the RSS feed took me way too long, since it's not in a place I'd find intuitive and the image was lost amongst the rest of the "cartoon".  Lots of wasted space, shoving the too narrow text to the right (content is the most important thing, remember?).

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I think it is great too.

• User profile image
    cloak13​PLAGUE

I like it. I think it is perfect for the target audience. I am a developer for a school system and will be working this fall (if the grants don't fall through :O ) with students on basic programming concepts. I can see this site being a great conversation peice for class. Talking about what was on the site, what it means, and what the students can do with it.

I love these Channel communities and really look forward to what is done with this community.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I don't see what Channel 8 will supply that Channel 9 would not. Are we going to make a Channel 7 for small business? Channel 11 for government? Start chopping up the community into target audiences?

• User profile image
    ixdatul

If I dosed someone with acid and made them watch School House Rocks for 36 hours straight, Channel8's design would be an exact replica of their nightmares.

Regards,
    Ix

• User profile image
    Harlequin

ixdatul wrote:
    If I dosed someone with acid and made them watch School House Rocks for 36 hours straight, Channel8's design would be an exact replica of their nightmares.

Regards,
    Ix

Microsoft
    ACID TRIP
    for developers

• User profile image
    odujosh

I think it is all shine zero features. Really it is a glorified video blog at this point.

• User profile image
    Charles

Harlequin wrote:
    I don't see what Channel 8 will supply that Channel 9 would not. Are we going to make a Channel 7 for small business? Channel 11 for government? Start chopping up the community into target audiences?

Channel 9 provides first-class, unfiltered, direct access to the Death Star cockpit. On Channel 9 you learn about our technologies and, just as importantly, meet the human beings who think them up, build them, evolve them, dream. Channel 9 is Microsoft-developer centric, Microsoft-technology centric.

Channel 8 will be targeted much more at providing a haven for technical students to learn about what other technical students are doing with computing technologies implemented as software, music, video, hardware, math, science, etc. What we have today for Channel 8 is only the very begining of what we've dreamed up. Make no mistake, students (from around the world) will drive Channel 8, not Microsoft Redmond...

There is a difference between the two channels even if you see (most likely just hear) yours truly in interviews aired on both channels.

Please be patient. Channel 8 hasn't really stormed out of the conceptual gate yet, but it's getting there and you will be most pleased.

• User profile image
    Charles

odujosh wrote:
    I think it is all shine zero features. Really it is a glorified video blog at this point.

As the monkey says: Channel 8 is in Beta. Don't think that what you see today is all you'll get... Not even close...
    C

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Charles wrote:
    Channel 9 provides first-class, unfiltered, direct access to the Death Star cockpit.

Scene from the daily product planning and strategy meeting:

Hah! Take THAT, Apple! Smiley

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Just some friendly advice:  Make it look more like a website, and less like the back of a middle-schooler's English notebook. After all, they probably have trouble finding things in there, too.

"Content is the most important thing"    ++;

• User profile image
    Outlaw

the videos require quicktime?  disgusting.

tell me there is some way i can play them without downloading that horrid application, or give me the videos in flash format.

• User profile image
    littleguru

PaoloM wrote:

Charles wrote:
    Channel 9 provides first-class, unfiltered, direct access to the Death Star cockpit.

Scene from the daily product planning and strategy meeting:

Hah! Take THAT, Apple!

muahahaha!

• User profile image
    Charles

Outlaw wrote:
    the videos require quicktime?  disgusting.

tell me there is some way i can play them without downloading that horrid application, or give me the videos in flash format.

??? I don't follow. The videos are in multiple formats, including WMV...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.