Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Mac OS X Safari and Mozilla Video Issues Fixed

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lenn

We just propped an update to the homepage that fixes the bug with Safari and Mozilla on Mac OS X.  Videos should load without error in Windows Media 9 and will play. 

Thanks for your patience Mac users.

• User profile image
    submariner

Thanks, Lenn! now on to the issue of paragraph breaks Smiley

• User profile image
    lenn

You mean the issue when posting from Safari?  Could you be more specific?

• User profile image
    submariner

Well, when posting on the forums, there's no formatting options (I've come to expect this on a lot of message boards when using my Mac) but the Channel 9 forums ignore any carriage returns I put in the text box, and when I try to add HTML, it'll display correctly in the preview, but as I'll demonstrate here:
    It doesn't work. Neither does the code in square brackets (as used in the quote style): [br] either way, it shows up as one glob of a message. I'll go test in IE shortly, but I'm expecting similar results...

• User profile image
    submariner

submariner wrote:
    Well, when posting on the forums, there's no formatting options (I've come to expect this on a lot of message boards when using my Mac) but the Channel 9 forums ignore any carriage returns I put in the text box, and when I try to add HTML, it'll display correctly in the preview, but as I'll demonstrate here:
    It doesn't work. Neither does the code in square brackets (as used in the quote style): [br] either way, it shows up as one glob of a message. I'll go test in IE shortly, but I'm expecting similar results...
    Okay, now I'm testing this using IE... Bold Text
    Italic Text

• User profile image
    submariner

Hopefully, that gives you a good idea of what we're facing here... I could live without bold, italic, links, whatever, but a line break would save a lot of trouble. Thanks!

• User profile image
    eto

It also happens with konqueror on linux.. when not using IE, you get a text box. That's fine.. however, none of the line breaks that are placed in the text box show up in the post, so you can't start a newline in the text.. for example, there should be a line inbetween these: Something A few lines down Hmm.

• User profile image
    lenn

Thanks guys, we have a rich text control that works in PC IE and Mozilla/Netscape variants but nothing for Safari or Konqueror.  We will discuss and see if we can enable support for basic HTML tags.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.