Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

Vacation

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Wahey! Tomorrow == Holidays at last. 

2.5 weeks of no work.  2.5 weeks of time with the kids and a stack of books. 2.5 weeks of ignoring my mobile phone.

I am a tad excited Smiley

Anyone going anywhere fun for holidays this summer?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rossj wrote:

Went to barcelona about a month ago. (Where my avatar's photo is from)

Gotta love 2.1 month-long holidays. Next year I'll get a 3.2 month-long holiday.

In...your...face, you gainfully employed person. Studentship FTW.

• User profile image
    littleguru

W3bbo wrote:
    Studentship FTW.

Studentship rox0rs... Still 1.5 months left of my 3 months Tongue Out Well, and yes, I'm going to Australia - visiting my girlfriend.

My stomach is already doing weird noises when I think about the 25 hours one way flight...

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Lazy bums FTW. (me be jellies)

• User profile image
    Massif

I have no holidays yet planned, so I'm jealous.

On the plus side though I finally get my honeymoon later this year, when we decide where we're going. That should be highly exciting.

Enjoy your time off.

• User profile image
    Angus

I am currently in Northumberland.

I like holidays to an extent, but often they make my use of the computer limited. Thankfully I have an Internet connection (and computer) in Northumberland (holiday house is here Tongue Out).

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

Off to Florida in 2 weeks can't wait.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

slackers

• User profile image
    Bas

harumscarum wrote:
    slackers

• User profile image
    Jaz

heading to malaysia in october for 2 weeks (hmm my new employers are gonna be happy).

If anyone wants to visit Australia or New Zealend next year, tickets are £350 with air malaysia, but you have till the 16th to book.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

I just checked my timesheet after seeing this thread -- I've got a week more holiday left than I thought!

I love it when that happens Big Smile

Herbie

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dr Herbie wrote:
    I just checked my timesheet after seeing this thread -- I've got a week more holiday left than I thought!

I love it when that happens

Herbie

I have 5 weeks hanging about. I've never going to take that; but I am taking the last week of August off.

• User profile image
    eagle

I'm going to South West Kerry at the end of the month....

dinnys

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

blowdart wrote:

Dr Herbie wrote:

I love it when that happens

Herbie

I have 5 weeks hanging about. I've never going to take that

*ERROR*
    *ERROR*
    Exception thrown by user 'Blowdart':  Exception message 'Not taking holiday does not compute.  Please stay seated until our operatives locate you. Thank you for your cooperation. Please stay calm.

Tongue Out
    Herbie

• User profile image
    SpongeBob​SquarePants

I'm going to Sri Lanka in early December to see the first test between England and Sri Lanka (strangely enough). I can't wait Tongue Out

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dr Herbie wrote:
    Exception thrown by user 'Blowdart':  Exception message 'Not taking holiday does not compute. 

Ha I'm being forced into taking this one.

"You have holiday time right?"
    "Yes, why?"
    "I think it would be a good thing to spend some time together"
    "But I'm busy"
    "Doing what?"
    "Looking at WCF"
    "But that's not work work"
    "No but ..."
    "We're going away"
    "But"
    "And your laptop time will be rationed"
    "BUT BUT"

I paraphrase of course.

• User profile image
    anand.t

W3bbo wrote:

Rossj wrote:

Went to barcelona about a month ago. (Where my avatar's photo is from)

Gotta love 2.1 month-long holidays. Next year I'll get a 3.2 month-long holiday.

In...your...face, you gainfully employed person. Studentship FTW.

How did you get so many holidays?? How long have been working? Have these been accumlated from before?

• User profile image
    cloak13​PLAGUE

8/20 (i.e. next week) i'm heading to europe for 2 weeks. I'm starting in Ireland, heading to Norway, then out to Iceland. I'm super psyched about going! I have my C9 Guy all packed and ready to for some awesome photo-ops Big Smile

I have to give credit to Virtual Earth, I planned the trip by starting in Dublin and seeing where else there is around it that looks really nice. So using expedia (for cheap air fare) and VE (for locations) I planned my trip.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.