Coffeehouse Thread

76 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I'm back

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    GrandpaPC

    littleguru wrote:
    
    Dr Herbie wrote:
    Don't forget: on your next interview, ask some freaking weird questions, or just some outright rude ones.  You can now blame it on your mental state and/or pretend you never asked them.

    I say if you're bipolar, take advantage of it
    LOL that's an interesting idea
    Interview some older folks!

    Tanks.

  • User profile image
    esoteric

    Welcome back! Smiley

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    phreaks wrote:
    

    Yeah we tease him a lot cause we’ve got him on the spot, 

    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.



    That photo is kind of creepy, phreaks.  Should you be on medication, too?


    Herbie

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    phreaks wrote:
    

    Yeah we tease him a lot cause we’ve got him on the spot, 

    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.



    That looks more like Zack Braff ....

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    Dude! Welcome Back!

    Nothing wrong with a bit of chilling out till you've adjusted to your new state of norm. Walking into the Girls bogs is just one more incident on the jouney, you'll laugh about it soon enough.

    I've been in a similar place to you. The best thing I can say is don't fight it, medical professionals are scientists at heart, they deal with facts and truth not hearsay and innuendo, to get the best out of them is by giving them more facts about what is happening to you so they can better discover how to treat you.

    Yes mate, you are going to have to give up a certain amount of control and trust which isn't easy when you're a coder control freak like me! However it is cathartic in the truest sense of the word.




  • User profile image
    raymond

    phreaks wrote:
    

    Yeah we tease him a lot cause we’ve got him on the spot, 

    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.



    I was thinking about this as well.

    Welcome Back

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMyC9dKjkrI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_9QBHB1PXQ&mode=related&search=

    Threes cheers for Brooklyn and Rory!

    Cool

    You need to learn Photoshop compositing. Wink

    http://www.lunadude.com/tutorials/ps_composite.htm

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    Dr Herbie wrote:
    
    phreaks wrote:
    

    Yeah we tease him a lot cause we’ve got him on the spot, 

    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.



    That photo is kind of creepy, phreaks.  Herbie



    Well, up your nose with a rubber hose too.

    What's so creepy about the sweat-hogs? Mad

    I guess I could have done a better job and replaced Barbarino, Horseshack, et al with actual niners..but I was testing my limited graphics arts skills with this simple revision.

    I thought it was cute. Rory is Mr Kotter and we are all the sweat-hogs...

    You can be Epstein, I'll be Freddy.

    Dr Herbie wrote:

    Should you be on medication, too?



    You mean more meds, or different meds? :O


    http://video.aol.com/video-search/query/welcome%20back%20kotter

    Blowdart wrote:

    That looks more like Zack Braff ....


    No, it's clearly Rory with an afro.  Mad

  • User profile image
    JohnAskew

    Massif wrote:
    
    Colin Angus Mackay wrote:

    So, in short, finding god is probably the worst solution to any problem.


    Except maybe the "where did I leave God?" problem.



    ROFL  -- 20 points for the House of Massif

  • User profile image
    Rory

    Um. Whoah.

    Um.

    This is definitely the Coffeehouse Smiley

    I left yesterday after posting that first bit, and I come back to over forty comments including:

    1. A friendly attempt at religious conversion to solve my problems.

    2. A friendly suggestion that I steer clear of friendly attempts at religious conversion.

    3. A friendly, but creepy, photoshopping of my visage into Welcome Back Kotter. (For the record, I've been sent plenty of photoshopped things involving my face, and, regardless of subject matter or context, it always gives me the heebie-jeebies (still funny - I just mean to say that it's a scary kind of funny)).

    4. A friendly suggestion that a member of our community learn Photoshop compositing. I'll be reading up on that myself.

    Yes.

    Um. Whoah.

    Um.

    I'll try to cover it all here:

    1. I have no intention whatsoever of going after any god for any help. Furthermore, I consider this a private matter, and if anyone would like to engage in discourse on the subject, I'll happily rock you like a hurricane.

    I have enough screwed up stuff going on upstairs as it is. What I need is what I've avoided, which is what I'm finally getting:

    Meds for the proper condition rather than meds to aggravate it.

    Also, while I understand that you mean well in bringing up the god thing, ask yourself what it would be like if I found you in the middle of a problem and suggested that you leave your god.

    2. I'm right there with you on the let's-not-solve-this-with-a-god thing. Don't worry - I was raised Episcopalian, and while I enjoyed chapel (the singing, mainly), I was never able to believe what I was hearing. The main reason the Bible is useful to me today is that there are so many literary allusions to the thing that I couldn't understand what, for example, my favorite poets were talking about. So much is gibberish until you connect it to some bit of the Bible. So, as literature, I'm down. As a book that represents the divinely inspired word of God... no thanks.

    3. It's good to be back. I'm horrified that you stuck me so close to John Travolta, but at least I'm in there somewhere. It feels like I'm part of something... something greater. Specifically, Welcome Back Kotter.

    4. As interested as I am in Photoshop compositing, I think that the extremely low level of skill that went into the image is still passable by the (also extremely low level of) standards of any given online forum.

    That's all for now, I suppose.

    Tah,

    - Rory

  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

    Scientology be the answer.  Rory you just havent farted or sneezed enough in your life.  Puke out the bad stuff, PUKE OUT THE DEMONS!!!!!!

    Seriously Rory, welcome back.  I have missed you.  Channel 9 will be an interesting place again.

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    rjdohnert wrote:
    Scientology be the answer


    ALL HEIL! LORD XENU AND HIS FLEET OF SPACEFARING DOUGLAS DC-8 SPACEPLANES!

  • User profile image
    AndyC

    rjdohnert wrote:
    Scientology be the answer. 


    Name a crack pot religion? </jeopardy>

    Welcome back Rory!


    P.S. I tried to send you cash and now have £5 stuck in my cd drive. Any suggestions?

  • User profile image
    Rory

    rjdohnert wrote:
    Scientology be the answer.  Rory you just havent farted or sneezed enough in your life.  Puke out the bad stuff, PUKE OUT THE DEMONS!!!!!!

    Seriously Rory, welcome back.  I have missed you.  Channel 9 will be an interesting place again.


    Dude. You're being very disrespectful to the Scientologists. As I'm sure you're well aware, respect is of the utmost importance with that crowd, as any disrespect will get you sued all the way back to Teegeeack.

    Also, they aren't demons. They're body thetans.

    And it's not puking. It's a highly sophisticated method of measuring psychotrodes as they rebound agonally through a diophosphate mind-tube (without the argonotronic shielding, naturally).

    Like I said, show some respect to your Scientologist brothers and sisters.

  • User profile image
    Rory

    AndyC wrote:
    
    Welcome back Rory!

    P.S. I tried to send you cash and now have £5 stuck in my cd drive. Any suggestions?


    Try turning the money around. It might just be going in the wrong way.

    If that doesn't work, then try turning your computer around and inserting the money the first way, and only inserting the money the second way again if the first way doesn't work for the second time.

    If that gives you any trouble, then try taking your machine south of the equator. CD drives spin in the opposite direction down there, and it shouldn't matter which way you orient your dough.

    If that doesn't work, then your computer's broken, and there's nothing I can do to help. You'll just have to fly the money out to me personally.

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Rory wrote:
    
    Like I said, show some respect to your Scientologist brothers and sisters.


    Hmm, ever thought about dropping out and becoming a cult leader? Big Smile

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Bipolar 

    I actually made a shirt out of this at cafepress and put "Crazy is as Crazy does" on the back.

    Not terribly clever, but I'd had a few beers and it was just a t-shirt.

    Anyway, good to see ya, again.

  • User profile image
    padre

    Rory wrote:
    Also, while I understand that you mean well in bringing up the god thing, ask yourself what it would be like if I found you in the middle of a problem and suggested that you leave your god.
    Oh, I've been in many places. You'd be surprised at what I've been through. I wouldn't exactly call standing at the railing of a bridge and counting the seconds to the bottom a fun time...and I would actually argue I've been through more in some cases. But that's not the point...and no, I'm not in any way suggesting "throwing out your medication" or something like that.
    Rory wrote:
    The main reason the Bible is useful to me today is that there are so many literary allusions to the thing that I couldn't understand what, for example, my favorite poets were talking about. So much is gibberish until you connect it to some bit of the Bible. So, as literature, I'm down. As a book that represents the divinely inspired word of God... no thanks.
    It sounds like you've spent more time with it than many "Christians" do...and that's impressive. Having read it cover to cover (and doing so again) I do have to say it is one of the most coherent books I've ever seen...considering that it spans many centuries, and came through multiple authors, I really can't compare it to anything else. I guess I've always been of the camp where it really is the word of God, given to us through various authors over time. There are some passages, however, which are literally the "word of God"...i.e. when Jesus was speaking, or prophecy coming through old Testament prophets.

  • User profile image
    Tensor

    padre wrote:
    
    Rory wrote:
    Also, while I understand that you mean well in bringing up the god thing, ask yourself what it would be like if I found you in the middle of a problem and suggested that you leave your god.
    Oh, I've been in many places. You'd be surprised at what I've been through. I wouldn't exactly call standing at the railing of a bridge and counting the seconds to the bottom a fun time...and I would actually argue I've been through more in some cases. But that's not the point...and no, I'm not in any way suggesting "throwing out your medication" or something like that.
    Rory wrote:
    The main reason the Bible is useful to me today is that there are so many literary allusions to the thing that I couldn't understand what, for example, my favorite poets were talking about. So much is gibberish until you connect it to some bit of the Bible. So, as literature, I'm down. As a book that represents the divinely inspired word of God... no thanks.
    It sounds like you've spent more time with it than many "Christians" do...and that's impressive. Having read it cover to cover (and doing so again) I do have to say it is one of the most coherent books I've ever seen...considering that it spans many centuries, and came through multiple authors, I really can't compare it to anything else. I guess I've always been of the camp where it really is the word of God, given to us through various authors over time. There are some passages, however, which are literally the "word of God"...i.e. when Jesus was speaking, or prophecy coming through old Testament prophets.


    Sweet zombie Dawkins* you dont give up do you.

    (*) I have decided that its unfair of me to swear on various religous figures and that I should instead use famous figures from my own believe-sector to swear with. Henceforth I am using Richard Dawkins as an expletive for suprise, pain, etc.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.