Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

V4 Poll

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

Please choose from the following list the item you think is / will be the best:

1. C9 V4
    2. .net V4
    3. D&D V4

Vote Now ! Make a difference !*

* not really. It's a slow monday.

• User profile image
    blowdart

If the next version of C9 automatically deletes every topic with "Poll" in the title I'm all for it.

• User profile image
    littleguru

blowdart wrote:
    If the next version of C9 automatically deletes every topic with "Poll" in the title I'm all for it.

rotfl.

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

You guys are no fun.

Now where's that delete thread button ?

• User profile image
    ixdatul

Rotem Kirshenbaum wrote:

1. C9 V4
    2. .net V4
    3. D&D V4

- D&D 4 will be the best planned out
    - .NET 4 will be the most useful
    - C9 4 will look like Charlie Brown shot through a spin cycle, lose more developer presence, and the phrase "working as intended" will be a common occurance.

Ix

• User profile image
    Charles

ixdatul wrote:

Rotem Kirshenbaum wrote:

1. C9 V4
    2. .net V4
    3. D&D V4

- C9 4 will look like Charlie Brown shot through a spin cycle, lose more developer presence, and the phrase "working as intended" will be a common occurance.

Ix

Why would you say this? If anything, based on new features we've not yet shared with you, developer presence will in fact increase. Re washing Charlie Brown: C9 has always had a non-corporate UI. Why should V4 be any different? Smiley Shadle's latest designs are pretty impressive, BTW.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

Charles wrote:

ixdatul wrote:

Ix

Why would you say this? If anything, based on new features we've not yet shated with you, developer presence will in fact increase. Re washing Charlie Brown: C9 has always had a non-corporate UI. Why should V4 be any different? Shadle's latest designs are pretty impressive, BTW.

Charles wrote:

If anything, based on new features we've not yet shated shared with you, developer presence will in fact increase.

That alone should have given my point merit. If I haven't seen it, I have to go with what I know, not what I hope or dream. I like to leave the idealism to the zealots.[A]

Charles wrote:

Re washing Charlie Brown: C9 has always had a non-corporate UI. Why should V4 be any different?

I agree. I would however like to mention that if UX is as big a deal in V4 as is sounds, then User Skinning ala Live Mail, Live Search, etc. should be allowed. I just think that you would get less UI/UX complaints, comments, etc if you utilized web parts for controls and user skinning for colorization, if anyone complains about that, then they should look in the mirror first Wink

Charles wrote:

Shadle's latest designs are pretty impressive, BTW.

Is this the same design currently available on the Beta, or something else we haven't seen? Cool

I think that two out of three minimum of these points could be cleared up by a good video. Tell us your progress, your complications, some of the new technology used. This is a topic alot of people here are interested in and would benefit from.

That's just my two cents though, grain of salt and all that.

Ix

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

ixdatul wrote:

I think that two out of three minimum of these points could be cleared up by a good video. Tell us your progress, your complications, some of the new technology used. This is a topic alot of people here are interested in and would benefit from.

It's summer time and we've all taken some vacation so unfortunately things have been slower than we'd like getting out the door.  We're getting pretty close to another beta for C9v4 though with an updated skin, a new feature and performance enhancements.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

HumanCompiler wrote:
    It's summer time and we've all taken some vacation so unfortunately things have been slower than we'd like getting out the door.  We're getting pretty close to another beta for C9v4 though with an updated skin, a new feature and performance enhancements.

You should really take Blizzard's approach to Dev; It's done when it's done. Wink

That's not to say we wouldn't like to see video demos here and there, if you're going for transparency I really think that is the better path.Big Smile Launching a demo product is cool, and appreciated, but in my opinion, when you do something like that people begin to expect too much.Perplexed

As far as my view on the site, I can only comment on things you guys show me, I can't really go out there and say a product is going to be great when I don't know it is, that makes me more like the sect of computer users I don't appreciate. I firmly believe that my opinion should be my own, not what I read on someone's blog/post/etc.

When you show me something nifty, I'll say it's nifty Big Smile

Ix

• User profile image
    blowdart

ixdatul wrote:

HumanCompiler wrote:

You should really take Blizzard's approach to Dev; It's done when it's done.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

blowdart wrote:

ixdatul wrote:

HumanCompiler wrote:

You should really take Blizzard's approach to Dev; It's done when it's done.

That's 3DRealms, not Blizzard...And yea, they take forever, if it ever makes it that is. Keep in mind, those are the same guys who took eleven years for Prey...

Ix

• User profile image
    blowdart

ixdatul wrote:

That's 3DRealms, not Blizzard

I am aware; I'm sure they made that comment first, heh

• User profile image
    ixdatul

blowdart wrote:

ixdatul wrote:

True, but Blizzard delivers.

Ix

• User profile image
    blowdart

ixdatul wrote:

blowdart wrote:

ixdatul wrote:

True, but Blizzard delivers.

Ix

My point -----------> Whooooooosh
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Your head.

• User profile image
    raymond

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4rPIjWqMRc Tongue Out

Cool

Please have a spell checker! Smiley

• User profile image
    esoteric

Yeah, a new design. And start letting us taste that Silverlight flavor.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Sorry, spell checker is not on our list.  Silverlight is.

• User profile image
    Cyonix

HumanCompiler wrote:
    Silverlight is.
    YAY Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.