Coffeehouse Thread

60 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Interviewing programmers

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jimMarriott

That's to Sylvan BTW... Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

Oh yea one funny thing this week. The guy I was interviewing recognised the questions I'd taken from Scott Hanselman's interview questions blog posts.

Yes he stumbled on some of them (why can't people explain the difference between a thread and a process?) but the fact that he recognised the source was a big bonus point in his direction.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

blowdart wrote:
    Oh yea one funny thing this week. The guy I was interviewing recognised the questions I'd taken from Scott Hanselman's interview questions blog posts.

Yes he stumbled on some of them (why can't people explain the difference between a thread and a process?) but the fact that he recognised the source was a big bonus point in his direction.

Assuming he would want to work for someone who blatantly plagarises other peoples interview questions Wink

Herbie

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

blowdart wrote:
    why can't people explain the difference between a thread and a process?

Maybe they come from a Unix background? Smiley

• User profile image
    Wil

"Under what circumstances would you, or would you not, use (A) static polymorphism, (B) dynamic polymorphism, and (C) the Barton-Nackman trick?"  Then, "How many different ways is the keyword 'static' overloaded - and why???" Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

Wil wrote:
    "Under what circumstances would you, or would you not, use (A) static polymorphism, (B) dynamic polymorphism, and (C) the Barton-Nackman trick?"  Then, "How many different ways is the keyword 'static' overloaded - and why???"

And why are you talking about C++ in .net interview situation? Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.