markpr

Check out this site written by developers for developers:
    http://www.exchangeyourcareer.com

• User profile image
    W3bbo

markpr wrote:

Before I realised this was a Microsoft website, I flagged this post as spam.

Mark, we've never seen you around here before, so it helps to have a little introduction about who you are and why you're posting this link (which isn't even a link, it's just some text). Otherwise people will assume you're a spammer (as I did).

EDIT: And now for my critique of the site.

Why did Microsoft hire (what looks like) The Gorillaz design team to come up with a campaign to get new hires for the Exchange team? No matter how you dress it up, sitting at a desk writing backend software that no-one really sees can never be "hip".

Just a simple webpage saying "We need more meat for the ginder. Submit your resumé to this email address" would suffice, and would get the point accross without a 5-digit website design contract and Flash-based page maze. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

FFS

Really? You really think coming here, posting a link and spaming this forum with a recruitment link is very appropriate?

Agree about the Gorillaz marketing team...

The freakin site is in Flash (Way to fail to adopt Silverlight) AND you make the screen on the laptop an ugly DOS blue and white?

Your contact us button is an email link... Why not just say "Email Us"

Microsoft "Believe it or not"....no we do...trust us, we do.

lame.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Cybermagellan wrote:
    FFS

Really? You really think coming here, posting a link and spaming this forum with a recruitment link is very appropriate?

Agree about the Gorillaz marketing team...

The freakin site is in Flash (Way to fail to adopt Silverlight) AND you make the screen on the laptop an ugly DOS blue and white?

Your contact us button is an email link... Why not just say "Email Us"

Microsoft "Believe it or not"....no we do...trust us, we do.

lame.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Hmm, me no likey.

Talk about the sh!t these people can churn out. Then again, they do make some cool stuff too...

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    MasterPi

W3bbo wrote:
    It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on.

It took me a few minutes, and then a question to W3bbo (Tongue Out) to figure out what exactly it was for.

I just couldn't take it seriously to believe it was for THE Exchange team...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Chinmay007 wrote:
    Cool, I app'ed. When can I expect to be hired? I demand a full corner office and a six figure salary.

FNGs at Microsoft get a corridor office with no windows or natural light. And according to the Internets, you'll be on ~$60,000

• User profile image
    AndyC

W3bbo wrote:

Why did Microsoft hire (what looks like) The Gorillaz design team to come up with a campaign to get new hires for the Exchange team? No matter how you dress it up, sitting at a desk writing backend software that no-one really sees can never be "hip".

Or maybe your just not cool enough for the Exchange team. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Bas

Cybermagellan wrote:

The freakin site is in Flash (Way to fail to adopt Silverlight)

You realise that Silverlight is in beta, right?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

W3bbo wrote:

Chinmay007 wrote:
    Cool, I app'ed. When can I expect to be hired? I demand a full corner office and a six figure salary.

FNGs at Microsoft get a corridor office with no windows or natural light. And according to the Internets, you'll be on ~$60,000

I'd just wish reporters would tell the truth, just as a refreshing change of pace, ya know...

(the above statement means that the content of the linked article is false)

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Bas wrote:

Cybermagellan wrote:

Yeah I thought the whole by developers for developers might lend to some creditability with the use of Silverlight though...

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

markpr wrote:
    wow, can't belive thats a microsoft site, dude!

• User profile image
    littleguru

The website is not looking that bad. I find it highly interesting and browsed through quite the whole. Very different and very nice to browse through.

I hope the team gets some nice people to work with them Smiley

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Cybermagellan wrote:

Bas wrote:

Cybermagellan wrote:

Yeah I thought the whole by developers for developers might lend to some creditability with the use of Silverlight though...

Shouldn't this be written in something else than HTML then? Smiley

• User profile image
    raymond

dry rain Wink

Cool

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

littleguru wrote:
    The website is not looking that bad. I find it highly interesting and browsed through quite the whole. Very different and very nice to browse through.

I hope the team gets some nice people to work with them

I agree 150%. I see nothing wrong with that site at all. It was fun, informative, different.. what the hell people…

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

W3bbo wrote:

markpr wrote:

Before I realised this was a Microsoft website, I flagged this post as spam.

Mark, we've never seen you around here before, so it helps to have a little introduction about who you are and why you're posting this link (which isn't even a link, it's just some text). Otherwise people will assume you're a spammer (as I did).

Flagging as spam without even taking the time to have a look at it?

*GASP*

Feeling spam happy? Smiley

• User profile image
    j0217995

Sourcecode wrote:

littleguru wrote:

I hope the team gets some nice people to work with them

I agree 150%. I see nothing wrong with that site at all. It was fun, informative, different.. what the hell people…

I would agree with these people as well.  I acutally browsed through the whole site and enjoyed it.  Found it interesting and most sites dont do that.
    I liked how I could click on the computer and naviagate the different sections as well as naviagting within the page.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.