Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Vista language packs have disappeared

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

The Vista language packs are no longer available from Windows Update. Any idea what's going on? Googling reveals lots of people with the same problem but no causes or solutions.

• User profile image
    ITCode

You can put link to Polish language pack 32/64 bit?

• User profile image
    buggy123

Thanks for the links, but I'm wondering about something. If I recall correctly, there was an issue with SP1 and the language packs (I don't remember MUI or LIP) on Vista Ultimate. Does that also apply to Vista Enterprise? I would like to add the Japanese MUI, but is uncertain if that issue pertains to my instance.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

Thankfully people who have already downloaded a language pack or have a multilingual disk are unaffected by this issue.

This is a trifle odd however.

Anyhow, the standalone language packs for Windows Vista 32bit Ultimate or Enterprise

Chinese (PRC)
    Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)
    English (US)
    Italian
    Spanish
    Swedish
    Japanese
    Portugese (Brazil)
    Norwegian
    Dutch
    Finnish
    French
    Russian
    German
    Danish
    Korean

And for 64 bit Windows Vista Ultimate or Enterprise:

Chinese (PRC)
    Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)
    English (US)
    Spanish
    Swedish
    Japanese
    Portugese (Brazil)
    Norwegian
    Dutch
    Finnish
    French
    Russian
    German
    Danish
    Korean
    Italian

• User profile image
    Bas

Cue the "now they're taking Ultimate Extra's away from us!" blog comments.

• User profile image
    cheong

Bas wrote:

Cue the "now they're taking Ultimate Extra's away from us!" blog comments.

I doubt major people have concern over this one. The Ultimate users installed before the event should have already had it installed if they want. And I think those who installed after the event is not affected and can download them.

I think only those unfortunately affected by the outage and changed the mind about the choice of MUI after that is affected.

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jimmypoulin

The English language pack installation is no longer working.
    I just formated my drive and reinstalled Vista Premium 64x. I can no longer install the English language pack because it is not available anymore.  I must install it urgently but what is now in the update section seems to be a corrupted version. It always give an error#2 during the installation process. All other languages are installing fine. Do you know a link were I can find a working version of the English language pack ?
    Many Thanks

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

I read somewhere that they have been mistakenly removed and they will soon be put back. and pretty soon there will also be a re-release of up-to-date versions.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

They are already back.

• User profile image
    jimmypoulin

Thanks you. I made a mistake in my premious message. I have Vista Ultimate and not Premium.
    I tried again, 5 minutes ago to install the English Language Pack and it's still not working. I hope they will release and up-to-date version. I was able to install all other languages but English.
    We'll keep our fingers crossed

• User profile image
    tayland

Hey, I have the same problem.Perplexed:s:s:s:s:s
    Did anybody or microsoft solve this problem?
    English language package didn't work?
    I could't instal it regulary, but I could install any other language?
    I need english MUIs ?

jimmypoulin did you solve it?

• User profile image
    jimmypoulin

tayland wrote:
    Hey, I have the same problem.
    Did anybody or microsoft solve this problem?
    English language package didn't work?
    I could't instal it regulary, but I could install any other language?
    I need english MUIs ?

jimmypoulin did you solve it?

This is a very frustrating problem that is happening in Windows Vista Ultimate. The English language pack is not installing and consequently other functionalities, such as the "dreamscene" will not work.

I believe that the 64bits English version of the language pack is corrupted. The 32bits version is probably not working too.

I read many people complaining about that all over the internet and no feedback from Microsoft. I went to my store and their technicians and engineers are not allowed to do anything even if they would like to help.  They could only advise to quite using Microsoft products.

I spent many hours, several nights, trying to install there English language pack it but it is still not working.

I reformatted my drive and re-installed my Vista Ultimate and tried to install it again and again but it's not working.

I also tried to install the last standalone English language pack and it's not working.

Right now I only feel that Microsoft is a monopoly and they simply  don't care about the none English version of Vista.

This all happened a few days ago after Microsoft "accidentally" removed validation access to all people who had a genuine copy of Windows.

It was probably planned to test people reaction.

I will give up trying to install these bonus or language packs from the ultimate version of vista otherwise it will ruin my health.

I guess they simply decided to removed it from us. Microsoft got the upper hand and is making fun with us. We can only denounce this situation all over the Internet but there is no result so far. This is very frustrating.

• User profile image
    DanielKornev

guys we are investigating situation and hope to resolve this issue soon. Thanks for pointing us to this and look forward for solution!

Daniel

• User profile image
    tayland

okey, we are waiting for the solution Expressionless:|

• User profile image
    jimmypoulin

DanielKornev wrote:

guys we are investigating situation and hope to resolve this issue soon. Thanks for pointing us to this and look forward for solution!

Daniel

I feel it won’t be an easy task to resolve this problem.  I remember 25 years ago, in my first computer class. As a School homework we had to re-program the entire DOS in assembly language. It was not easy at all. But now I suppose that things have evolved. There are higher level of programming languages. Would it be possible to re-program Vista ? Could I give that to do as a home work to my students ? Along the way I could ask them to fix the problem with the English language pack ! Smiley

• User profile image
    jimmypoulin

tayland wrote:
    okey, we are waiting for the solution

The English language pack for vista 64 bits, that is available from update, is still not working. I wonder if it is working with vista 32bits ?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I successfully installed the English language pack on the Japanese version of Windows Vista Ultimate x86 just this week, so it appears the 32 bit language pack is fine.

• User profile image
    jimmypoulin

Ended, yesterday I successfully installed the English language pack on my French Vista Ultimate 64x after I changed motherboard and installed my boot disks in RAID. Consequently I was also able to install the dreamscene feature. I don't know why but, it's working. Cheers.
    Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.