Coffeehouse Thread

2 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Server 2008 Delayed

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jon Monreal

Windows Server 2008, which was supposed to RTM by the end of this year, is now scheduled to RTM in the first quarter 2008.

The Windows Server Division Weblog on Technet says that launch event is still scheduled for February 27 in Los Angeles. The launch event will also "feature" Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008.

It sounds to me like its basically the same thing that was said about Vista when it was delayed - they are still refining it.

It seems to me that this isn't much of an issue. After all, if the finished product is more refined, hopefully it will see wider adoption.

What do you think?

Note: (The blog can be found here).

• User profile image
    Custa1200

Jon Monreal wrote:
    Windows Server 2008, which was supposed to RTM by the end of this year, is now scheduled to RTM in the first quarter 2008.

The Windows Server Division Weblog on Technet says that launch event is still scheduled for February 27 in Los Angeles. The launch event will also "feature" Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008.

It sounds to me like its basically the same thing that was said about Vista when it was delayed - they are still refining it.

It seems to me that this isn't much of an issue. After all, if the finished product is more refined, hopefully it will see wider adoption.

What do you think?

Note: (The blog can be found here).

They announced more than a month ago that VS2008, MSSQL2008 and Server 2008 would be released in that timeframe. They will be available before then in MSDN and even to meet the date they said it has to be RTM this year, so I don't think there is anything new or out of line with this.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.