Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Next Extreme Sport?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sysrpl

    skateCheck out this video of the next "extreme" sport. It reduces medical cost by using the skull as a crumple zone, and within a few years it will make those street luge guys look like wussies.


  • User profile image
    dahat

    sysrpl wrote:
    skateCheck out this video of the next "extreme" sport. It reduces medical cost by using the skull as a crumple zone, and within a few years it will make those street luge guys look like wussies.




    Hey I just posted something to my blog too!!!! (and it even has a video)... and unlike your post... has something to do with technology.

    Rather than shamelessly spam your content on Channel 9... why don't you do what most (credible) bloggers do and write quality content that speaks for itself and draws an audience without you having to beg/trick people into finding it?

  • User profile image
    Minh

    sysrpl wrote:
    skateCheck out this video of the next "extreme" sport. It reduces medical cost by using the skull as a crumple zone, and within a few years it will make those street luge guys look like wussies.


    Holy schlikie. Darwinism should put an end to this sport soon.

  • User profile image
    Minh

    dahat wrote:
    
    Rather than shamelessly spam your content on Channel 9... why don't you do what most (credible) bloggers do and write quality content that speaks for itself and draws an audience without you having to beg/trick people into finding it?
    Who died & made you the blog Mussolini?

  • User profile image
    sysrpl

    dahat wrote:

    Hey I just posted something to my blog too!!!! (and it even has a video)... and unlike your post... has something to do with technology.

    Rather than shamelessly spam your content on Channel 9... why don't you do what most (credible) bloggers do and write quality content that speaks for itself and draws an audience without you having to beg/trick people into finding it?

    Let me guess, if it's not on the subject of DHCP then it must be blog spam? Do you want me to start posting <object> markup with embedded video here as well? That would save you the trouble of actually having to click on a link to watch a video.

    Oh, and if you want programming videos, I have some here as well. Aren't we all special?

  • User profile image
    dahat

    sysrpl wrote:
    Let me guess, if it's not on the subject of DHCP then it must be blog spam?


    Up until this thread... tell me how many times I posted here about my DHCP server in general... let alone linked to my blog about it?

    I’ll save you time... ONCE, in 2005 as part of an existing discussion where it was relevant. The same cannot be said for the bulk of your threads.

    I'm saying quit posting with the primary intent being driving eyes to your site like your oh so common "hey look at this... what do you think?" threads.

    sysrpl wrote:
    Do you want start posting <object> mark with embedded video here as well?


    So... you are saying that if I don't stop objecting to your spamming your blog here... you'll increase doing so but with more junk?

    sysrpl wrote:
    Oh, and if you want programming videos, I have there here as well. Aren't we all special?


    Where did I say that I wanted that?

    Lets take a quick run through your last 10 threads shall we? 
    1. The Next Extreme Sport?
    2. Secret Government Memo
    3. Okay, this is bad. Really, really bad.
    4. Momentum Shifting To GOP In Iraq Debate?
    5. Threaded Data Access
    6. Let me know what you think of this idea ... Part 2
    7. Let me know what you think of this idea ...
    8. Win2k/WinXP Still Kicking
    9. Bill O'Reilly Stumps For Skinhead Racists
    10. And the Winner of Douche Bag of All Time is ...

    Most of them (like this one) seem to have the sole purpose of driving traffic to your blog and offer little in the way of intelligent insight or comment on the post here.

    Hell, Raymond at least has the dignity to post extensive summaries so you can know from a distance if you want to go where he points you or not.

    Minh wrote:
    Who died & made you the blog Mussolini?


    I’m rather getting sick of the increasing level of childishness and decreasing level of enforcement on this forum and comments and attitudes like yours only make the problem worse.

  • User profile image
    sysrpl

    Dahat, as much as I enjoy writing post after post to you, the fact remains that it is difficult for you to accept that people should think for themselves. I want to share this with you because it seems you think my practices don’t enhance performance standards, productivity, and/or competitiveness (nerd stuff). Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so. You should know better than to see to it that all endeavors are directed down blind alleys, where they end in frustration and discouragement. Sure, this sounds flighty. Blame that on your lame-brainedness.

    I believe it was Hegel who said, "It is obviously hiding something". Don't get me wrong; I must protest your use of unconscionable slander to revile everything in the most stalwart terms, dragging the discussion it into the filth and the basest possible outlook. But I am intellectually honest enough to admit my own previous ignorance. I only wish that you had the same intellectual honesty. You accuse me of being callow. Do you claim as such because I refuse to accept your claim that one can understand the elements of a forum post only by reference to the my website and personal history? If so, then I guess I'm as callow as I could possibly be.

    I feel like you are terrified that there might be an absolute reality outside of the Internet. I guess it just boils down to the question: Do you really want your ideals to epitomize what it is to be a down-with-humor forum troll?

  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    sysrpl wrote:
    

    Dahat, as much as I enjoy writing post after post to you, the fact remains that it is difficult for you to accept that people should think for themselves. I want to share this with you because it seems you think my practices don’t enhance performance standards, productivity, and/or competitiveness (nerd stuff). Of course, thinking so doesn't make it so. You should know better than to see to it that all endeavors are directed down blind alleys, where they end in frustration and discouragement. Sure, this sounds flighty. Blame that on your lame-brainedness.

    I believe it was Hegel who said, "It is obviously hiding something". Don't get me wrong; I must protest your use of unconscionable slander to revile everything in the most stalwart terms, dragging the discussion it into the filth and the basest possible outlook. But I am intellectually honest enough to admit my own previous ignorance. I only wish that you had the same intellectual honesty. You accuse me of being callow. Do you claim as such because I refuse to accept your claim that one can understand the elements of a forum post only by reference to the my website and personal history? If so, then I guess I'm as callow as I could possibly be.

    I feel like you are terrified that there might be an absolute reality outside of the Internet. I guess it just boils down to the question: Do you really want your ideals to epitomize what it is to be a down-with-humor forum troll?


    Wow. Did you ask your english teacher to write this post for you?

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    sysrpl wrote:
    skateCheck out this video of the next "extreme" sport. It reduces medical cost by using the skull as a crumple zone, and within a few years it will make those street luge guys look like wussies.


    The "next" extreme sport?

    Nah, this has been around for at least a few years now.

    If you want an extreme sport, THIS is an extreme sport.

  • User profile image
    dahat

    PaoloM wrote:
    Wow. Did you ask your english teacher to write this post for you?


    I suspect he was in a semi-legal state of mind... it’s the only thing that could explain the complete lack of coherence and reality in that comment.

    sysrpl wrote:
    Dahat, as much as I enjoy writing post after post to you, the fact remains that it is difficult for you to accept that people should think for themselves...


    I'm afraid that... there is no way for me to respond to such a fundamentally flawed argument as your underlying premise is baseless... you might as well be asking me "When did you stop beating your wife?" as such a question is about as accurate and well informed as your statements.

    Re-state the issue, cite specific examples and be accurate in your accusations and you’ll likely get a response.

  • User profile image
    Minh

    dahat wrote:
    

    I’m rather getting sick of the increasing level of childishness and decreasing level of enforcement on this forum and comments and attitudes like yours only make the problem worse.



  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

    sysrpl wrote:
    Check out this video of the next "extreme" sport. It reduces medical cost by using the skull as a crumple zone, and within a few years it will make those street luge guys look like wussies.



    It appears the luge people are planning thier response Smiley

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6968585.stm

    Stephen.

  • User profile image
    Tom Servo

    How is this new? People have been doing the human rollerskate shoe for god knows how long. And if their community is made up of fashion models, I sure as hell am going to participate.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.