Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Nicely done... OSS support

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JParrish

Kudos to MS for the below info.. this is both informative and actionable. Makes me feel very happy Smiley

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/eastshores/ffsupport.jpg

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

That is so sweet! And they say Microsoft is evil...

• User profile image
    JonLumb

You couldn't really ask for a more measured and reasonable response.  Almost makes you wonder if there is now a Balmer imposter about the place. Wink

Seriously though, even aside from the partisanship, that is one of the most helpful error messages that I have come across

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

The whole "Problem reports and solutions" bit in Vista gets not nearly enough love. It can be seriously useful, especially for non-technical users who're not in the habit of scouring the Internet for solutions for their problem. Sure it doesn't always have the answer but it's a damn sight better than what was there before.

The only thing that's really wrong with it is that it's way too hard to see what problem a solution is for. You have to click "see related problems" at the bottom to find that out and that's not obvious at all.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I love that piece in Windows Vista. It's very well done!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.