Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Maze game

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

It's another maze game, pretty challenging, with a twist at the end Wink

Turn your speakers on and up first.

Clicky!

To those who've already played it, don't post any spoilers!

• User profile image
    Angus

How fun. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    borosen

A player in action.

Edit:
    Sort of spoiler....

• User profile image
    W3bbo

borosen wrote:
    A player in action.

Edit:
    Sort of spoiler....

This one's better, got dugg.

• User profile image
    Angus

W3bbo wrote:

borosen wrote:
    A player in action.

Edit:
    Sort of spoiler....

Yeah, the slow motion bit at the end is cool. Tongue Out (You can see the exact moment where the subject realises that it is something scary).

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    borosen

W3bbo wrote:

borosen wrote:
    A player in action.

Edit:
    Sort of spoiler....

That is really disgusting.
    Some people should not be allowed to have or take care of children...

Sort of remind me of this story, apparently from real life:

This woman tells a memory from being a little girl.

The circus had come to town, and she really wanted to go.
    At breakfast, she asked her father if he could take her there in the afternoon, and he said ok, we will go.
    During the day, she could not really concentrate on anything else, she was really happy, looking forward to some fun time at the circus.
    In the afternoon, her father took her by her hand, and off they went.
    When they came to the circus, her father said: There will be no circus visit for you. You have now learned was disappointment means.

• User profile image
    kettch

borosen wrote:

W3bbo wrote:

borosen wrote:
    A player in action.

Edit:
    Sort of spoiler....

That is really disgusting.
    Some people should not be allowed to have or take care of children...

Sort of remind me of this story, apparently from real life:

This woman tells a memory from being a little girl.

The circus had come to town, and she really wanted to go.
    At breakfast, she asked her father if he could take her there in the afternoon, and he said ok, we will go.
    During the day, she could not really concentrate on anything else, she was really happy, looking forward to some fun time at the circus.
    In the afternoon, her father took her by her hand, and off they went.
    When they came to the circus, her father said: There will be no circus visit for you. You have now learned was disappointment means.

While your example is quite ridiculous, there are lots of people in the world who could have used a little mental toughening as children. I meet far too many people who have had absolutely no tempering in their personality, and are completely unequipped to cope with the most basic challenges of life.

• User profile image
    Minh

anon wrote:
    Couldnt agree more kettch. In fact, people need to lighten up. If you think it is disgusting to play a practical joke on and scare your kids (in good humour)... I feel sorry for your children. Being scared is one of the joys of life! Nothing more thrilling than that tingle feeling you get after being scared half to death.
    Let's say that your friend doing this to your kid, scaring her to tears. You wouldn't allow that right?

Because if it's good for the kid to be toughen up by scaring her, then why wouldn't it be good if someone else, besides you, to scare her?

If it's not OK for someone else to do it to your kid, then there's obviously something wrong with that act. Then why do you have the privilege of doing it?

The thing is, few people is wealthy enough to bubble wrap their kids in a happy sunshine delicious omelet forever. Kids are going to get pain, fear, disappointment, etc... on their own. Scaring your kids will only get them scared of you.

Jerk.

• User profile image
    Chadk

anon wrote:
    Couldnt agree more kettch. In fact, people need to lighten up. If you think it is disgusting to play a practical joke on and scare your kids (in good humour)... I feel sorry for your children. Being scared is one of the joys of life! Nothing more thrilling than that tingle feeling you get after being scared half to death.

Thats a, sorry to say, sick view.

Do you have kids?

Kids of the age like the girl, do live in a bubble wrap world. Everything is good, right?

Well, not everybody out there in the world are good. But your family you can trust, and they would never hurt you, right? And your mom and daddy will protect you.

I know thats how the most i know, learn their kids, until they reach a certain age. Because kids shouldnt be worried about getting hurt or anything.

But when ones parents do a such horrible joke on one, the dream that ones parents wouldnt hurt one, blows. This, i would suspect and have been tought in school, is a pretty bad thing for children. They shouldnt be confronted with it in such a direct way.

If your doing a joke on a friend, fine. I dont like these kind of thing myself, as they are totally lame i think. But for love of god. Just dont do it to the kids. They are gonna be paranoia for the rest of their life.

I know this from myself, as someone did something like this to me when i was fairly young. So dont give me bull**** that it isnt bad for the child.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Chadk wrote:
    I know this from myself, as someone did something like this to me when i was fairly young. So dont give me bull**** that it isnt bad for the child.

And no we move on to the ethics of saying Santa Claus exists to a child. Is this more or less harmfull?

What about "the stork drops babies down the chimney?"

Discuss.

• User profile image
    Chadk

W3bbo wrote:

Chadk wrote:

And no we move on to the ethics of saying Santa Claus exists to a child. Is this more or less harmfull?

What about "the stork drops babies down the chimney?"

Discuss.

This is completely different topic. These arent things that parents do to hurt their children, but make them happy, and have something to believe in.
    When the child realises that santa claus doesnt really exist, because do they care? Not really.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Well I think children should go through a small deal of things to toughen them up a little.

I know 13 year olds that are complete pussies, all because they're still living in that stupid bubblewrap world. Time to grow up!

My brothers a little like that, all that matters to him is fish and guitars Tongue Out

Some people need to take a little to make them ready for real life. Worse stuff has happened. If you can't handle something screaming at you on a screen, what would you do if there was a terrorist attack? Scream your head off? That's no use.

Children should be scared a fair deal though childhood, jus to toughen them. And paranoia (to an extent) can be a good thing.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Chadk wrote:
    This is completely different topic. These arent things that parents do to hurt their children, but make them happy, and have something to believe in.

They're still lying to their children.

Chadk wrote:
    When the child realises that santa claus doesnt really exist, because do they care? Not really.

Actually, when they're told the truth it can be quite distressing. The example in the post video was a simple shock, whereas being told something you've been holding dear for your entire life is a lie tends to have a stronger effect.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I found out when I was about 6 Tongue Out

no suprise, i never believed in it anyways.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    alwaysmc2

W3bbo wrote:
    It's another maze game, pretty challenging, with a twist at the end

Turn your speakers on and up first.

Clicky!

To those who've already played it, don't post any spoilers!

It's fun to do these with a tablet PC. Smiley  All you have to do is just tap the "end" with the pen and you win!.Tongue Out

it's not that rewarding, though... Embarassed

edit:

I finished it.  I want to say something that starts with "F" and ends with "uck you", but I won't, because this is a family site. Wink

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

So why does this work. why does something like this scare some one? also, is it important that the person be concentraiting on a particular task?

• User profile image
    borosen

anon wrote:

I agree in that it is a bad thing to overly protect children.

But this is just mean. And to put it on the net?
    As Minh pointed out, the child has learned something (beyond toughening up), and that is to not trust you.

Comparing this to Santa Claus, well that is part of life.
    When the child find out or are told that Santa does not exists, where should it turn to find out more? You are not a good alternative, you can't be trusted...

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

borosen wrote:

But this is just mean. And to put it on the net?
    As Minh pointed out, the child has learned something (beyond toughening up), and that is to not trust you.

If you do something like that every day, then that would make a child not trust you, but practical jokes are fun for all ages!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.