Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C&C. For Free.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart
  • User profile image
    W3bbo
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

Ubisoft is also giving games away: Far Cry, Prince of Persia and 2 others. The games are now ad-supported. Anyone know how to block those?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/free-games/ubisoft-titles-go-free-on-fileplanet-295680.php

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

Man I feel old.
    I can remember eagerly waiting for C&C to come out after squeezing every last morsel of enjoyment out of Warcraft I.
    I can remember my friend, who had the day off on release day, excitedly calling me to say he'd picked up two copies for us to play that night.
    I can remember playing endless hours over serial connection (quickly ugraded to LAN) on my 486dx266 laptop.
    I can remember having to wipe down the trackball on a regular basis during the game as my grimy geeksweat would cause it to slip every 20 minutes or so. I was happy when switching to a PCMCIA LAN card freed up a serial port for an external mouse.
    I remeber Nod bike swarms, and building sandbag spiders out towards the enemy base to plant gun turrets at chokepoints. I remember making a profit by building said turret then selling it for two soldiers and a chunk of $ (and the swift house rule against said tactic until it was patched).

Good times. 12 years?!? Good god.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

ISOs are removed from download.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

DCMonkey wrote:
    ...excitedly calling me to say he'd picked up two copies for us to play that night.

You only needed one copy.

Tiberian Dawn was on 2 CDs for reason twofold:

• Each campaign can have its own disc
    • You can give a disc to a friend so you can play with/against them
    This isn't really relevant in this day of DVD games, but it was nice whilst it lasted (right up until 2001 with Red Alert 2)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.