Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

French mime explains firearm basics

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dahat

    ... and I never thought I could love one so much.

    A French blogger who goes by the name The Dissident Frogman recently posted a video explaining the difference between cartridges and bullets in response to this mislabeled AFP picture:

    Iraqi woman with cartridges

    You can check it out on YouTube as well.

  • User profile image
    DigitalDud

    Even if you know absolutely nothing about guns.  It's kind of obvious that those really shiny clean metal things never were shot into a house.

  • User profile image
    dahat

    DigitalDud wrote:
    Even if you know absolutely nothing about guns.  It's kind of obvious that those really shiny clean metal things never were shot into a house.


    Unless...

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    DigitalDud wrote:
    Even if you know absolutely nothing about guns.  It's kind of obvious that those really shiny clean metal things never were shot into a house.


    Of course, things could be lost in translation and stuff. Whilst AFP's fault is pretty brazen, they could just be cartridges found at the site of the shooting of her house, so they were probably going to be fired at her house.

    (But given they look polished, it's hard to say).

    I'm not an expert, but those look like standard NATO rounds, so the Coalition US forces attacked her house?

    I don't find that hard to believe, really.

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    I believe this story. Because:

    1) Guns can eject bullets that have not been fired because
           - The bullet was malformed at manufacturing.
           - The machine gun was not calibrated correctly, so its feeding bullets at a faster rate than the gun can fire. hence you get unfired bullets being ejected.
           - Other operational things, where soldiers carry rounds with them and they try to refill the magazines, etc.., weather/moisture affecting the gun powder...etc.

    So her story is OK.

    Secondly, I believe that The US, and all those who ganged up with her "Coalition of the willing", are going to be in the same back to back chapter in the history books with N4Z1 Germany, in the block called "History dumpster". This is so, because of the value system of the USA.

    You don't test the values of a nation at peace time, but at times of peril and stress. This is because the true measure of values and true color of a nation comes out  at times of stress and great challenge.

    my 2 cents.[A]

  • User profile image
    dahat

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    I believe this story. Because:

    1) Guns can eject bullets that have not been fired because
           - The bullet was malformed at manufacturing.
           - The machine gun was not calibrated correctly, so its feeding bullets at a faster rate than the gun can fire. hence you get unfired bullets being ejected.
           - Other operational things, where soldiers carry rounds with them and they try to refill the magazines, etc.., weather/moisture affecting the gun powder...etc.

    So her story is OK.

    Secondly, I believe that The US, and all those who ganged up with her "Coalition of the willing", are going to be in the same back to back chapter in the history books with N4Z1 Germany, in the block called "History dumpster". This is so, because of the value system of the USA.

    You don't test the values of a nation at peace time, but at times of peril and stress. This is because the true measure of values and true color of a nation comes out  at times of stress and great challenge.

    my 2 cents.


    You just had to spoil a nice thread about an entertaining video with your anti-American rhetoric. Thanks!

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    dahat wrote:
    
    SecretSoftware wrote:
    I believe this story. Because:

    1) Guns can eject bullets that have not been fired because
           - The bullet was malformed at manufacturing.
           - The machine gun was not calibrated correctly, so its feeding bullets at a faster rate than the gun can fire. hence you get unfired bullets being ejected.
           - Other operational things, where soldiers carry rounds with them and they try to refill the magazines, etc.., weather/moisture affecting the gun powder...etc.

    So her story is OK.

    Secondly, I believe that The US, and all those who ganged up with her "Coalition of the willing", are going to be in the same back to back chapter in the history books with N4Z1 Germany, in the block called "History dumpster". This is so, because of the value system of the USA.

    You don't test the values of a nation at peace time, but at times of peril and stress. This is because the true measure of values and true color of a nation comes out  at times of stress and great challenge.

    my 2 cents.


    You just had to spoil a nice thread about an entertaining video with your anti-American rhetoric. Thanks!


    Only a sadistic person would think that firing on an old Iraqi woman's house entertaining.

    Your most welcome.

  • User profile image
    dahat

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    Only a sadistic person would think that firing on an old Iraqi woman's house entertaining.

    Your most welcome.


    There's just something about seeing someone continually show their blatant and seemingly eternal ignorance about something that... just makes me smile.

    It seems pretty clear that you didn't watch the video and didn't think anything more about the picture and its caption above than how you could use it to continue to spew your typical anti-Americanism.

    If you would have thought about it rationally for even a moment about it OR watched the video you would realize or see that the photo and caption do not match up... the 'bullets' shown are unspent, unfired, unshot, non-shooty, never fired, unflown, non-projected, or in more laymen's terms... not fired at the woman's house.

    They are however propagandized and subject for a bit of fauxtography it seems.

    The point of the video is to hilariously criticize the AFP for their shoddy journalistic practices and/or their not having a basic understanding of firearm terminology/mechanics, not derive entertainment from an old woman's house being fired upon.

    Remember... we have zero evidence of this woman's house being hit by any rounds from any raid... either she is a liar, the photographer is, or the editor.

    There is however evidence that that woman has appeared in more than one story about unspent ordinance hitting her house, not to mention other photo ops.

    I'm done with you on this thread as I'm afraid that if I prove you wrong anymore you might make good on one of your previous threats against my life and safety... so for now... I encourage you to continue to embarrass yourself.

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    dahat wrote:
    

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    Only a sadistic person would think that firing on an old Iraqi woman's house entertaining.

    Your most welcome.


    There's just something about seeing someone continually show their blatant and seemingly eternal ignorance about something that... just makes me smile.

    It seems pretty clear that you didn't watch the video and didn't think anything more about the picture and its caption above than how you could use it to continue to spew your typical anti-Americanism.

    If you would have thought about it rationally for even a moment about it OR watched the video you would realize or see that the photo and caption do not match up... the 'bullets' shown are unspent, unfired, unshot, non-shooty, never fired, unflown, non-projected, or in more laymen's terms... not fired at the woman's house.

    They are however propagandized and subject for a bit of fauxtography it seems.

    The point of the video is to hilariously criticize the AFP for their shoddy journalistic practices and/or their not having a basic understanding of firearm terminology/mechanics, not derive entertainment from an old woman's house being fired upon.

    Remember... we have zero evidence of this woman's house being hit by any rounds from any raid... either she is a liar, the photographer is, or the editor.

    There is however evidence that that woman has appeared in more than one story about unspent ordinance hitting her house, not to mention other photo ops.

    I'm done with you on this thread as I'm afraid that if I prove you wrong anymore you might make good on one of your previous threats against my life and safety... so for now... I encourage you to continue to embarrass yourself.



    I will keep this short:

    A) You were not aware of the case in question. Hence you cannot speak for it as you are not the investigator here.

    B) About Threats: I have not threatened your life/saftey. Play this card on someone else.

    Just to show how ignorant you are: In Law, in order to demonstrate that Party A Threatened the safty of Party B, Party A would have to be demonstrated to have at least 3 things:
        1) Party A Knows how Party B looks like.
        2) Party A knows where Party B Lives (Address).
        3) Party A Knows Party B and Party A has been demonstrated to have motive sufficient as to carry out such a threat.

    I have neither of those minimum things. To me you are electrons in a computer screen. DaHat could be anyone of your average american morons out there. Thats 1 in 33 million americans or 1 in 6 billion humans beings on the face of the earth, that is if your not an IRC Bot.

    Do us a favor , next time dont forget your brain under your pillow. A person with an onion for a brain would have a higher IQ than you are.

    Having said that, isn't it past your bed time? Did you eat the cookies and drank the milk? If so, Good boy[A].

  • User profile image
    DigitalDud

    I'd say dahat is the winner here, hah.

  • User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    

    I will keep this short:

    A) You were not aware of the case in question. Hence you cannot speak for it as you are not the investigator here.

    B) About Threats: I have not threatened your life/saftey. Play this card on someone else.

    Just to show how ignorant you are: In Law, in order to demonstrate that Party A Threatened the safty of Party B, Party A would have to be demonstrated to have at least 3 things:
        1) Party A Knows how Party B looks like.
        2) Party A knows where Party B Lives (Address).
        3) Party A Knows Party B and Party A has been demonstrated to have motive sufficient as to carry out such a threat.

    I have neither of those minimum things. To me you are electrons in a computer screen. DaHat could be anyone of your average american morons out there. Thats 1 in 33 million americans or 1 in 6 billion humans beings on the face of the earth, that is if your not an IRC Bot.

    Do us a favor , next time dont forget your brain under your pillow. A person with an onion for a brain would have a higher IQ than you are.

    Having said that, isn't it past your bed time? Did you eat the cookies and drank the milk? If so, Good boy.


    And you scratch your butt. Seriously, why do you behave like a child? Perplexed

    It's clear that those two bullets did not hit woman's house. You were little too quick in your first post and now you want to defend it.

    A BULLET CANNOT HIT HOUSE UNLESS IT IS FIRED FROM A GUN. Or did soldiers throw bullets manually by hand - but how unlikely is that? Pathetic.

    We know you have problems with America, we don't care, but please - be objective, don't be 'propaganda minister'.

  • User profile image
    Rossj

    W3bbo wrote:
    
    I'm not an expert, but those look like standard NATO rounds, so the Coalition US forces attacked her house?


    Definitely not an expert (me neither), they are AK47 rounds they are unmarked rounds -  see here for more. Wink

    And also, you might want to read this ... please note similarity in both location and date. Looks like sloppy journalism to me.

    BlackFive wrote:


    AP/YahooNews Caption: Umm Abdul Zahra holds spent ammunition she found near her home after an overnight raid by U.S. troops in the Shiite enclave of Sadr City in Baghdad, Iraq on Sunday, Aug. 12, 2007. Police and residents said U.S and Iraqi troops backed by helicopters raided the east Baghdad neighborhood on early Sunday, killing two people and wounding 4 others. The U.S. military said it was looking into the report. (AP Photo/ Karim Kadim)

  • User profile image
    Minh

    RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    
    We know you have problems with America, we don't care
    We dont?

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    
    SecretSoftware wrote:
    

    I will keep this short:

    A) You were not aware of the case in question. Hence you cannot speak for it as you are not the investigator here.

    B) About Threats: I have not threatened your life/saftey. Play this card on someone else.

    Just to show how ignorant you are: In Law, in order to demonstrate that Party A Threatened the safty of Party B, Party A would have to be demonstrated to have at least 3 things:
        1) Party A Knows how Party B looks like.
        2) Party A knows where Party B Lives (Address).
        3) Party A Knows Party B and Party A has been demonstrated to have motive sufficient as to carry out such a threat.

    I have neither of those minimum things. To me you are electrons in a computer screen. DaHat could be anyone of your average american morons out there. Thats 1 in 33 million americans or 1 in 6 billion humans beings on the face of the earth, that is if your not an IRC Bot.

    Do us a favor , next time dont forget your brain under your pillow. A person with an onion for a brain would have a higher IQ than you are.

    Having said that, isn't it past your bed time? Did you eat the cookies and drank the milk? If so, Good boy.


    And you scratch your butt. Seriously, why do you behave like a child?

    It's clear that those two bullets did not hit woman's house. You were little too quick in your first post and now you want to defend it.

    A BULLET CANNOT HIT HOUSE UNLESS IT IS FIRED FROM A GUN. Or did soldiers throw bullets manually by hand - but how unlikely is that? Pathetic.

    We know you have problems with America, we don't care, but please - be objective, don't be 'propaganda minister'.


    1) You are very rude and vulgar.

    2) I was not too quick. I meant what I said, and its true. The fact that there are unspent bullets at the site shows that there were machine guns there. Unfired bullets are seen at battle zone because not all bullets gets fired for reasons I explained in my previous post.

    I said that people here cannot speak for the case because they are not there. This story was covered in Al-Jazeera TV Channel, and the Al-Jazeera Camera went into the house and you can see bullet marks in the walls (holes), and unspent as well as spent bullets (envelops etc..).

    The woman simply picked some of the bullets near her outer house walls in her hand and the camera crew of other stations took pictures.

    So, its typical of Americans to make up lies, and to be the first to believe it. Remember the "yellow cake lie", which CIA made up and the Bush Admin Believed it?.

    3) It is not only me who has a problem with the USA Administration. The whole world does. Including Europe, Russia, China, Far east, Middle East, African nations, even South America. In short the whole world minus the USA has a problem with USA, and USA has a problem even with itself.

    Hence, if US influence in the world is collapsed, it will not be missed much, just like the SU (Soviet Union) was not missed much.[A]

    My last 2 cents on this unfertile/useless thread.

  • User profile image
    Bas

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    
    I will keep this short:

    A) You were not aware of the case in question. Hence you cannot speak for it as you are not the investigator here.

    B) About Threats: I have not threatened your life/saftey. Play this card on someone else.

    Just to show how ignorant you are: In Law, in order to demonstrate that Party A Threatened the safty of Party B, Party A would have to be demonstrated to have at least 3 things:
        1) Party A Knows how Party B looks like.
        2) Party A knows where Party B Lives (Address).
        3) Party A Knows Party B and Party A has been demonstrated to have motive sufficient as to carry out such a threat.

    I have neither of those minimum things. To me you are electrons in a computer screen. DaHat could be anyone of your average american morons out there. Thats 1 in 33 million americans or 1 in 6 billion humans beings on the face of the earth, that is if your not an IRC Bot.

    Do us a favor , next time dont forget your brain under your pillow. A person with an onion for a brain would have a higher IQ than you are.

    Having said that, isn't it past your bed time? Did you eat the cookies and drank the milk? If so, Good boy.


    That wasn't short at all.

  • User profile image
    Rossj

    Minh wrote:
    
    RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    
    We know you have problems with America, we don't care
    We dont?


    You do? You must be one of those liberal types... Tongue Out

  • User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    
    2) I was not too quick. I meant what I said, and its true. The fact that there are unspent bullets at the site shows that there were machine guns there. Unfired bullets are seen at battle zone because not all bullets gets fired for reasons I explained in my previous post.


    AFP wrote:
    An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City.


    Happy now? You were indeed too quick. It's is whether those two bullets were shot at her house. Now note, it's entirely possible that this woman got howitzer shell into her house, but those two bullets were absolutely not shot at her house, period. It's inconsistency in text, damn.

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    
    So, its typical of Americans to make up lies, and to be the first to believe it. Remember the "yellow cake lie", which CIA made up and the Bush Admin Believed it?.

    3) It is not only me who has a problem with the USA Administration. The whole world does. Including Europe, Russia, China, Far east, Middle East, African nations, even South America. In short the whole world minus the USA has a problem with USA, and USA has a problem even with itself.

    Hence, if US influence in the world is collapsed, it will not be missed much, just like the SU (Soviet Union) was not missed much.

    My last 2 cents on this unfertile/useless thread.


    And thanks for bonus propaganda, mr. propaganda minister. Should we now join Fatah or what?

  • User profile image
    stevo_

    I just had this picture of a soldier kneeling next to a house, the cartridge somehow ejecting into the air unfired, and bouncing off the wall of her house..

    The horror!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.