Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

GPS Digital Camera With KML Support

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Angus

I was just wondering whether a product of this variety exists.

One would have a digital camera, which has a GPS unit installed. When docked the camera will load the images into a KML file (Google Earth), which can be imported into Google Earth. The images then would appear in the location they were taken. There would be possibilities with sharing over the Internet also.

Is anyone aware of such a product?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    W3bbo

I know there are cameras with GPS receivers (think: cellphones w/ GPS & cameras), I don't know about high-end SLRs though.

I think the best application of this sort would be in a cellphone since they also have internet connectivity.

So there's a pet-project for you Angus Wink write a program which takes a photo with the camera, records the current GPS coords, then uploads it to t'internet and Google's servers.

• User profile image
    Angus

Tongue Out

I would like to do something using a GPS module (i.e. doing some electronics). It would be fun really, I might have a go at some point. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Ray6

Angus wrote:

One would have a digital camera, which has a GPS unit installed. When docked the camera will load the images into a KML file (Google Earth), which can be imported into Google Earth. The images then would appear in the location they were taken. There would be possibilities with sharing over the Internet also.

Angus Higgins

Something like this maybe?

• User profile image
    Angus

Ray6 wrote:

Angus wrote:

Angus Higgins

Something like this maybe?

Yeah. Thanks for the link.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    BeeDee

You read Scott Adams' blog too? Wink

• User profile image
    Angus

BeeDee wrote:

You read Scott Adams' blog too?

No, I have never heard of that actually.

I was just thinking about it.

Angus Higgins

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.