Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can PS3 do HD games yet?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Main thing holding me off of a PS3 purchase was that it couldn't do HD games out of the box(super-lame). I would have bought it just to play that Killzone game or whatever it was called, but not if it wasn't in high def.

• User profile image
    Minh

Harlequin wrote:
    Main thing holding me off of a PS3 purchase was that it couldn't do HD games out of the box(super-lame). I would have bought it just to play that Killzone game or whatever it was called, but not if it wasn't in high def.

By "out of the box" you mean they don't give you an HDMI cable?

Every PS3 game does at least 720p. That's considered hi-def. Standard def is 480i (480 lines, interlaced). I think it's up to the individual game whether they support 1080. I think 1080i is close to 720p in terms of bits moving around. 1080p is a beast.

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

Main thing holding me off from a PS3 purchase is it doesn't do games. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    pftqg

Both of the games I own (Call of Duty 3, got at the same time as the PS3 in December last year; Resistance: Fall of Man, got just recently) are 720p - which is HD. 720p looks great on the 32" LCDs I've played it on.

I got it mostly to play movies.

• User profile image
    Stebet

I think he's talking about it not being able to upscale PS2 games through the backwards compatibility thingy.

Killzone 2 isn't available on PS3 yet b.t.w.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.