Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bringing xbox back...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

... the other consoles don't know how to act Sad ...

no, differently from Laura Foy nobody is gong to bring me my xbox 360 back soon: I just called the assistance and they told me that it will take 25 days-1month before they'll send it back [C][C][C][C]

in the meanwhile Blue Dragon and Bioshock feel so lonely [C]

the last time my 360 broke a new came back just 4 days after mine was received, I wonder what's going on this time.

• User profile image
    Massif

They're actually making an effort to Fix it this time?

• User profile image
    Minh

LOL.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Why the heck are these things breaking? What about them breaks?

I REALLY would love to buy one...but if I have to put up with crap like this...nah, don't think so.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Mine still works after two years. But I don't use it heavily... I also wonder what component is exactly breaking - is it always the same or always something else?

• User profile image
    Minh

littleguru wrote:
    Mine still works after two years. But I don't use it heavily... I also wonder what component is exactly breaking - is it always the same or always something else?
    The 3 red rings of death (the only breakdown covered by the 3-year extension) is caused by the video chip overheating.

Some repaired Xboxes came back with new heatsinks:

Via Loot Ninja

• User profile image
    littleguru

Minh wrote:

littleguru wrote:
    The 3 red rings of death (the only breakdown covered by the 3-year extension) is caused by the video chip overheating.

Some repaired Xboxes came back with new heatsinks:

*snip snip*

Intersting to know, thanks Minh. That's probably why mine isn't broken yet. I'm usually playing only the arcade games and from time to time a game from DVD (like Crackdown etc). Probably mine hasn't that much work to do and doesn't overheat therefore.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

So rather than shut itself down, it just breaks? Smiley BRILLIANT!

Why don't they just build in a temp-component that flashes a message on the screen, "Warning, XBox is too hot...Shutting down in 30 seconds."

I'm sure people wouldn't complain about having to take an hour off as opposed to a month off...

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

jsampsonPC wrote:
    So rather than shut itself down, it just breaks? BRILLIANT!

Why don't they just build in a temp-component that flashes a message on the screen, "Warning, XBox is too hot...Shutting down in 30 seconds."

I'm sure people wouldn't complain about having to take an hour off as opposed to a month off...

On a related note, if Microsoft is looking for an engineer with both printed circuit board design experience and professional experience writing operating systems, shoot me an email.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.