Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

c:\windows\"updates" (folder?)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

or the current way:

?

ps - does vista fix this?  ..forget.  This may have been posted elsewhere - but i see this everytime i need to grab fonts.. scroll..scroll

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

jamie wrote:
    or the current way:
    ps - does vista fix this?  ..forget.  This may have been posted elsewhere - but i see this everytime i need to grab fonts.. scroll..scroll

Well.. you could create a shortcut to your Fonts folder to avoid that, but that’s besides the point.

Your right that this should be moved into it's own folder if for nothing else but tidiness sake.
    Big Smile

• User profile image
    littleguru

These folders aren't there anymore in Vista! I haven't found them in Windows nor System32.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Most people won't notice this as they won't have view hidden files turned on (most visitors to this site probably are not most people).

However I agree that they should be in a different folder because they are a pain if you do have view hidden folders turned on.

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

at least IE7 updates are stored in their own folder [C]

• User profile image
    Gh0sT

GoddersUK wrote:
    Most people won't notice this as they won't have view hidden files turned on (most visitors to this site probably are not most people).

However I agree that they should be in a different folder because they are a pain if you do have view hidden folders turned on.

Can you tell me if I can delete those folders like Jamie's without any harm or is there a way to find all updates downloaded n burn them on CD/DVD.

P.S. Search/ *enu.exe <- didnt find anything ^^

Thx

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

The only negative side effect from deleting those folders is that you will no longer be able to uninstall the relevant updates. Other than that Windows will continue to work as it did.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.