Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

SQL intellisense

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    vbrunner__

so i just downloaded SQLAssist from RoundPolygons, and all i have to say is:

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

i'm so used to intellisense in VS, and now in SQL!?!?

why has Microsoft not done this themselves already?

EDIT: after working with it for a few minutes, it's far from perfect.  but from what i've seen so far, it still confuses me as to why this is not a part of SSMS by default.

• User profile image
    littleguru

need need need!

• User profile image
    vbrunner__

definitely.  the tool seems pretty well done, with a few costmetic bugs and performance problems.  i like how you can type [TableName].[TableName] and it fills in all the field names of that table.

• User profile image
    davemc

Check out SQL Prompt from Redgate. Its been around for a few years, but I think now you have to pay. I've got a FREE version which they used to offer. 

Its nice, but a little slow.  Apparently the latest version is much quicker.

Cheers

Dave Mc

• User profile image
    bbrewder

davemc wrote:
    Check out SQL Prompt from Redgate. Its been around for a few years, but I think now you have to pay. I've got a FREE version which they used to offer. 

Its nice, but a little slow.  Apparently the latest version is much quicker.

Cheers

Dave Mc

I wrote a review of Sql Prompt 3 on my blog (The beta for SQL Prompt 3 is now available). I use it all the time. I only wish it was more like Visual Assist X.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

I've been having very bad experiences with SQL Prompt, though it seems I've been using v2.0. To say it's unpredictable is an understatement. Half the time it doesn't give me any intellisense option, half the time it substitutes the entire T-SQL keyword list in place of my column names.

EDIT: Looking over the release notes for v3.5, I'm never reassured by quotes such as "95% less [memory footprint] when working with multiple query windows to the same database". 95%?! What were they DOING before?

• User profile image
    phreaks

Apex Sql Edit is the best IDE with Sql intellisense.

4 out of 5 geeks agree.

http://www.apexsql.com/sql_tools_edit.asp

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.