Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

windows live "installer" ..

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

http://get.live.com/wl/all

gets to searching for apps and hangs...

anyone else?

edit: worked 4th time... very sloooow install....  must be busy

*no vista 64 bit support

*still installing - 5 min - on "Mail" 2nd option still

*updated live.com very facebook ha

Edit - still installing... going on 20 min

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Works here, takes a really long time to install, though.

• User profile image
    jamie

i think the install is hanging

edit: ..re-trying

edit: bah - giving up

guess the cloud is broken or something Tongue Out

sigh...

"Zune's 50 bucks off and our new installer - that doesnt install is out"

• User profile image
    jamie

1.5 hrs later retry

... its on ..messenger... cmon...

..photogallery.... woo hoo.

looks like its going to work...

*(hmmm doo dee doo....  yawn...) .....

*LOADED!  .... checking it out...

• User profile image
    jamie

you know... this is looking really good.

but there is one thing missing (unless im missing it)

i want to go to mail / photos / writer / blog all in one window/app

currently it opens a folder - with 4 icons ( the 4th being messenger) - heck id even like that shown in a web page.

maybe i can do above - but currently it just seems as disjointed as before...  wheres the ribbon for the web? Wink

apart from that: the good news is - it is looking pretty good!

it is CONSISTANT (it seems)

im just wishing for the piece that ties it all together...

*this is what google hasnt done yet -: tied all their cool apps in to a nice UI.  Picassa guys could have done this. google os or browser could have too.

Live has taken a huge step forward .. but its still not .. quite there

(goes back to checking it out)

*perhaps the missing tie in is intentional - as to not devalue windows...  who knows. 

edit: you know if ie8 actually did provide an OPTIONAL Wink ribbon for everything we all use on the net it would be great (as well as cool bars back) = ..cool? 

...whats up with ie8 anyway... they should have launched beta today to steal apple thunder.. but this is indeed getting better!

• User profile image
    jamie

i did see the toolbar in ie...

thats not really anything new and different.. almost same as before

• User profile image
    blowdart

The whole thing is a PITA. I only want the latest live writer, but it forces messenger on you no matter what else you install.

How very google. Yuck.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

jamie wrote:

Link

• User profile image
    MikeeeG

I did an install and it got rid of my Outlook express , I had to reboot to do a restore. Now, I have it back to normal[H]Cool

• User profile image
    ZippyV

GoddersUK wrote:

jamie wrote:
    *no vista 64 bit support

Link

How about they fix the issue instead of giving undoable workarounds.

• User profile image
    Vasudev

Installed all the Live Products in 20 Min.
    Working fine.

• User profile image
    Bas

MikeeeG wrote:
    I did an install and it got rid of my Outlook express , I had to reboot to do a restore. Now, I have it back to normal

Wouldn't it have come back if you had just uninstalled, rather than restored? That's what happened to Windows Mail when I installed WLM and all my accounts had disappeared. Just uninstalled, and everything was back to normal.

• User profile image
    RichardRudek

blowdart wrote:
    The whole thing is a PITA. I only want the latest live writer, but it forces messenger on you no matter what else you install.

How very google. Yuck.

Tell me about it - I did the install last night, before seeing this thread.

Removed Live Writer Beta (2 ?), then run the installer: looking, looking, WTF, I don't want the latest Messenger, can't remove the MF.

OK, go ahead.  Um, yeah, go already... Checking firewalls, Internet access, process activity... both installs fail - about 5 minutes wasted.

Second time around, couple minutes, ah finally, looks like it doing something.  Installed.

My old Live Writer shortcut is broken. Use Live Writer to update a blog entry. Good, I can change foreground colour of a font, but no UI for background colour (Grrr). Other stuff like Insert Video looks good, so I can ditch one of the Add-ins. Done.

Ah, no patch for the latest messenger client. Remove Messenger, then revert back to 8.1, patch it. No more ads and crap - so boot me...

Ah, the friggin Live Writer shortcut has borked itself again...

Well see how it goes, now...

• User profile image
    jamie

*small update...  i had forgot that the install put in desktop search..

i was in a folder and hit f3 - and up comes the new one.  i typed *.jpg in each field avail - one by one... NONE worked.

also - when i rebooted - up comes the indexer - man is that thing evil.. so i un-installed desktop search

..the rest remain so far..  i think there's an icon to one of them over there on my desktop somewhere i think

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.