Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

iPod itouch

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    SaraJo

dahdahdit_dahdit_ditditdah wrote:
    Really...that's actually a good way to test a product...throw it around and drop it.

hahaha I hope this isn't sarcasm... at my company we run over our product with our cars to test it and drop it off third floor balconies.

how's THAT for stress testing?

• User profile image
    Bas

SaraJo wrote:
    I think so too, I know Rutgers just bought a world of them for their new student welcome center (my dad promised me a sneak peak, super excited!!!!)

So did you get the sneak peek yet?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

VERY impressive product.

Makes you wonder why Microsoft Surface is going to take 3 to 5 years to get commercial. Seems like Apple is just going to give companies a nice kick in the arse to just "do it", and stop taking years and years to get something out the door.

• User profile image
    piggy

I just got the Itouch today, and im already addicted to it. After setting it up(Quite Annoying) it was phenominal. Its as thin as a nano, and quite sleak. I wouldnt dare throw it of a balcony, yet a step
    Wink

• User profile image
    harlock123

Minh wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

SaraJo wrote:

Ion Todirel wrote:
    i don't think its a good idea, who needs an iPod when you can get an iPod + Phone = iPhone?

people with Verizon.

And people who don't want a multi-year contact along with it tacking on obligated expenses at the end of the month.
    And people who don't happen to like AT&T recording all your voice & internet traffic for the government.

And people who expect more than Crappy EDGE connectivity if they are paying all that money every month...

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

jsampsonPC wrote:

Ion Todirel wrote:

littleguru wrote:
    The touch looks like a crippled iPhone. I'm sorry each time I see it I get that feeling... Like with these few icons and that huge amount of black space on the home screen... Or the "oh you got an iPhone, no it is an iPod" thing. Dunno.

I guess it was cheaper for them to put it in the same cover etc.
    this is my feeling too

I'm in love with the iTouch, really...but I'm not inlove with its size. Granted, to have a touch screen on something smaller would be ridiculous, but I predominantly use my Nano while running, or working out at the gym. To have a large iPhone-ish sized box strapped to my arm or waist while running would probably been a little uncomfortable.

But dangit, I want one soooo badly

Apple (doing the right thing) took a students commercial, got a company to work with him and made it professional. All I can say is that I keep watching it over and over and over, and I don't know if it's the song,  or the video but it really does make me want to buy a touch right now...."

iPod Touch, I wish I could quit you.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Harlequin wrote:
    Seems like Apple is just going to give companies a nice kick in the arse to just "dobuy it", and stop taking years and years to get something out the door.

You do realize that Apple bought the technology and didn't develop it in house, right? Smiley

How many years it took for the technology in the new iPod to be developed?

• User profile image
    Ray6

PaoloM wrote:

Harlequin wrote:
    Seems like Apple is just going to give companies a nice kick in the arse to just "dobuy it", and stop taking years and years to get something out the door.

You do realize that Apple bought the technology and didn't develop it in house, right?

They really are more about packaging technology than inventing it these days, but whatever they do, the results speak for themselves. Attention to every last detail; that seems to be their secret.

• User profile image
    SaraJo

Chinmay007 wrote:
    I thought Surface was for sale by the end of the year?

I think so too, I know Rutgers just bought a world of them for their new student welcome center (my dad promised me a sneak peak, super excited!!!!)

• User profile image
    SaraJo

Ray6 wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

Harlequin wrote:

You do realize that Apple bought the technology and didn't develop it in house, right?

They really are more about packaging technology than inventing it these days, but whatever they do, the results speak for themselves. Attention to every last detail; that seems to be their secret.

I think I may be one of the few people who have had a world of problems with Apple machinary. When something does go wrong there is NO knowledge base for troubleshooting.

• User profile image
    blowdart

SaraJo wrote:

I think I may be one of the few people who have had a world of problems with Apple machinary.

Pah. Girls and technology.

*duck*

• User profile image
    Tensor

blowdart wrote:

SaraJo wrote:

I think I may be one of the few people who have had a world of problems with Apple machinary.

*duck*

So speaketh Mr Non-technical.

• User profile image
    SaraJo

blowdart wrote:

SaraJo wrote:

*duck*

hahaha, underestimation of talent is my best friend. Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

SaraJo wrote:

hahaha, underestimation of talent is my best friend.

This is where women are so different. If it wasn't for overestimation I'd never get any girls to talk to me [6]

• User profile image
    SaraJo

blowdart wrote:

SaraJo wrote:

hahaha, underestimation of talent is my best friend.

This is where women are so different. If it wasn't for overestimation I'd never get any girls to talk to me

the chicks flock to me anyway

• User profile image
    blowdart

SaraJo wrote:

the chicks flock to me anyway

Stop it, you get the teens over excited.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

I haven't bought an iPod in about 2 years, I sold my Nano that I owned.... I might actually look into a Touch though.

The only thing that'll change that is a Zune that does exactly what the Touch does + WiFi.

Otherwise my money goes with Apple.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

i don't think its a good idea, who needs an iPod when you can get an iPod + Phone = iPhone?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.